Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 09-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus
Second Ride for me (first real ride)

So It took me a while, But I'm now officially riding my bike. It was a long time comming (for me). I bought the bike and gear. Took the class a month later (first one available). Got my license, but couldn't ride cause I had sergury (I got snipped). Then loads of bad weather (hurricanes). However I finally got her out on the road this weekend. Nowhere exciting.

Saturday
At first I was lust lapping my neighborhood. Then I took it to the gas station. Around $4 for less than half a tank (I was stoked about that). Then my GF hopped o I could see what it was like with a second person on board. After a couple laps around the neighborhod she got off and went to work. Then I drove it around Wellington (just north west of my house) and visited my friend at his new house. After that I drove into WPB to visit some friends at a comic/gaming store. On the way back south I stopped of at my GF's work and had lunch wiht her. Then home cause I had company on the way (I play D&D and other RPGs on Saturday nights with about 8 other people. Yes I know I'm a nerd.).

Sunday
The GF hopped on and we went to the dealer in West Palm Beach to get her a jacket and gloves. She's currently borrowing my sister's helmet (who doesn't ride or own a bike anymore). While at the dealer I picked up my saddlebag supports, but my saddle bags are still on back order. We left there and stopped at a pet store and picked up a treat for our rats (my gf and I have 2 rats and a cat who, strangely enough, get along with each other). Then we split a shake at Steak & Shake, and went home.

Total for the 2 days: 98 miles.

All 98 of them were fun. No spills, no close calls. I think I stalled it once or twice, and had 2 or 3 quick stops at lights that I know are short or because some douche cut me off and hit the brakes.
No pictures. There wasn't anything worth taking a picture of. Maybe if I take a trip out to the beach I'll bring a camera.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Jer

Re: Second Ride for me (first real ride)

I wondered if you are a gamer. (your name and avatar, very warhammer-ish)

Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus
Re: Second Ride for me (first real ride)

Yeah. I play Warhammer 40K. Magnar Infectus is the name of the Daemon Prince that leads my Death Guard (one of 6 40k armies I have). I play loads of other games too. Board games, RPGs, PC games, console games. Whatever it is I'm pretty much... game.

Things I noticed about my ride:
1. Sitting still sucks. For multiple reasons. It gets hot. (modular helmet helps with that) Sitting still is not as fun as speeding along the road.
2. Keep your heels up. I have my feet in what I thought was a safe spot on the pegs and one scraped the ground in a turn for about .01 seconds.
3. Turn off the GD blinker. I'm so used to not worrying about it that I usually forget.
Out of about 20 other riders, only 1 waived and a few nodded. Oh and I got a nod from a Sheriff in a patrol car.
4. I was having so much fun riding that I didn't notice that I didn't have any music.
5. "Duck Walking" the bike with a second person is a lot harder than with by yourself, but after you get going there's not much difference other than it takes a tad longer to accelerate and break.
6. Umm... other stuff I forgot and may add.

Login or Register to Remove Ads