Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
bpdchief

Amber LEDs

Perhaps not as bright as I had hoped, but, we'll see how it goes. Opinions welcome!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
blaine

Re: Amber LEDs

They look good.They seem to give a good visual effect(last pic).The ones I use have a mr16 20w bulbs & I find them plenty bright.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdchief
Perhaps not as bright as I had hoped, but, we'll see how it goes. Opinions welcome!!!

The big question is how visible are they during the day?? They appear to be a little more intense/noticeable than the GZ running lights so that is a good thing. Ah question. Are the lights a 2 or 3 wire set up ? If 3 wire you would want to use the LED signal wire to get the brighter circuit.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Just 2 or 3 pics of some really cheap LED lights from Hong Kong. They draw far more power for the light produced but should be very visible to oncoming traffic. They do a wonderful job of lighting up themselves which is why I bought them. They may be replacing the abused and bruised LED's now on the Vstrom forks.
I did power one up from the battery in the truck and was dissappointed in the light projected but they are more than visible when looked at. Note to self: do not look directly at the light at close range.
The one pic catches the camera flash quite a bit. 2.75 inches in diameter for those interested.
The lights come with a fairly decent wiring harness. For $15 I can toss them if I decide against them.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

[quote=Water Warrior]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":1l7ak7ap
Just 2 or 3 pics of some really cheap LED lights from Hong Kong. They draw far more power for the light produced but should be very visible to oncoming traffic. They do a wonderful job of lighting up themselves which is why I bought them. They may be replacing the abused and bruised LED's now on the Vstrom forks.
I did power one up from the battery in the truck and was dissappointed in the light projected but they are more than visible when looked at. Note to self: do not look directly at the light at close range.
The one pic catches the camera flash quite a bit. 2.75 inches in diameter for those interested.
The lights come with a fairly decent wiring harness. For $15 I can toss them if I decide against them.
So I finally got up the courage to try putting the le cheapo LED's on the Vstrom. Naturally my memory and original wiring was not up to par but I did manage to start fairly fresh with the wiring and actually finished the job. They look fairly decent for Daylight running lights and getting the attention of oncoming traffic.[/quote:1l7ak7ap]

Old 04-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
bpdchief

VERY nice. Were those an Ebay item? Might consider those when mine bite the dust.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdchief
VERY nice. Were those an Ebay item? Might consider those when mine bite the dust.
"tmart.com"................is located in Hong Kong. Free shipping and only $15 for the lights. Had a couple left over metal brackets from a previous project for mounting and painted them black. I think it is a good pennytech solution to being seen and not hurt.