Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
themarauderer

Greetings From Scotland...

Hi Folks....first post on your fine site here!

I have a GZ125 (NOT a 250 .. they dont do the 250 here!!) and over here, you cannot ride anything higher than a 125 until you take your full bike test and pass a theory test. Now, I just got done doing both but, I am restricted to the 125 for 2 years....in any case, I love the Marauder and so will live with being stuck with the little beauty for at least the next 2 years :2tup:

Anyways, just got done taking off the passenger seat - looks way better without it. Also, just added crash bars - I notice a lot of you were asking about crash bars - the good news is, if you dont like the stock Suzuki bars, Fehling ( a German company) supply a set to fit both the GZ125 and the GZ250 (the same bars) - cost me £80 .. about $160...but, good value I think.

Next up, I'll be firing on some customised looks and considering some floor boards...nice mod I seen someone do!

Anyways, I'll post pics a little later - its pretty much the very same bike as yer 250 other than the engine obviously and the cans on the exhaust a bit different ... oh aye, and mine is blue even after only 2500 miles....must be my err, riding "style" :rawk: :2tup: :cool:

Cheers folks...great site, good articles and some braw bikes on show for sure!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Greetings From Scotland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarauderer
the good news is, if you dont like the stock Suzuki bars, Fehling ( a German company) supply a set to fit both the GZ125 and the GZ250 (the same bars) - cost me £80 .. about $160...but, good value I think.
The stock crash bars appear to me to be useless.
How would one contact Fehling?
That is, how/where did you get yours?
Old 05-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to hearing from your experiences with the little brother to the GZ.

I look forward to your photos.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
themarauderer

Re: Greetings From Scotland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider

The stock crash bars appear to me to be useless.
How would one contact Fehling?
That is, how/where did you get yours?
I didnt actually notice the stock Suzuki bars til after I'd bought these but I got mine from here:
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/acatalog/FEH ... _Bars.html ... however, these guys are based in the UK - Im unsure if they ship to the US ... that said, I know other European stores sell em too.

I also bought a chrome clock for my bars from these guys at Get Geared...looks cool I think and also, not too expensive (and handy when you want to know the time with a pair of thick gloves on) :2tup:
Old 05-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
themarauderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Welcome to the forum, we look forward to hearing from your experiences with the little brother to the GZ.

I look forward to your photos.
Cheers bud.

Here are some shots taken before I added the bars and removed the passenger seat:

I noticed in a few threads around the board a few questions on tanks, decals, badges etc.

For info, over here in the UK the bike is always sold as the Suzuki GZ125 Marauder, always features the Suzuki text on the rear fender and side panels and always has the Marauder emblem (which I really like) on the tank.

Im about to add some customisation the fenders and tank real soon ... when I get that, I'll post it too.

Alas, I stupidly dropped the bike today like a real fool :cuss: however, thankfully, my beloved is undamaged, save for a small scratch to the mirror!!! Not bad given I dropped it with no stand on like an idiot!

Anyways, off to take more snaps of the bike....a good way to avoid Saturday night TV which is worsened by the rubbish the wife watches :roll:

Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
themarauderer

Here are the extra new photos I promised....just back from riding around taking them!

Any excuse, does me for a ride on the bike :2tup:

Photos are all on this thread I just posted...
http://www.gz250bike.com/viewtopic.php?p=5479#5479
Old 05-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Great pics. Like the crash bars, look like they will do the job when required. I noticed your security chain on the wall, do you have light fingers folks in the neighborhood ?? You might want to invest in a disc lock. Hang it on the crash bar when you ride so it is always available anywhere you park.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
themarauderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Great pics. Like the crash bars, look like they will do the job when required. I noticed your security chain on the wall, do you have light fingers folks in the neighborhood ?? You might want to invest in a disc lock. Hang it on the crash bar when you ride so it is always available anywhere you park.

Cheers bud.

Aye - here in the UK generally bike theft is fairly common. Not too bad where I am but, never can be too careful...that said, that wall anchor I bought from a big DIY store, same with the chain and the lock....twas probably meant for heavy/industrial apps :2tup: .... means nobody is touching my bike = me happy!

Good idea with the disc lock .. Im gonna look into that for sure. And yep - I could hang it on the bar ... again, good idea matey. Those bars do seem to work ... alas, I stupidly dropped the bike only today (not even riding - in the garden!!). A slo-motion fall - no real damage, a small scratch to the mirrors and that was it. Good bars for sure (even the bars arent scrapped which is good too) :2tup: