Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
molly

SUCCESS!!!

I know this is going to seem lame to some of you more experienced riders, but I met a "mini-goal" last night. I wanted to ride to a local restaurant for dinner one night. (Finally mde it last night!) It is only about 3 miles away, but on US highway 17, which is a busy 4 lane highway. (We live on Hwy 17, and getting in and out of the GRAVEL driveway and onto the highway is a B****....but that is another story...) Anyhow, we are getting ready to leave, and DH decides my bike needs gas, so does his. He tells me i need to ride my bike to the gas station before we go to dinner. HUH! The gas station is right next to an intersection where i stalled my Honda Shadow the last time I rode it, could not get it into neutral to restart, and had an emotional meltdown! It also involves crossing some pretty bad pavement and a small "S" shaped bridge!!! Anyhow, i psyched myself up and DID IT!!!! It was early evening, next to the river, and a beautiful ride! I Was so excited when we got home, I couldn't sleep for hours! THe gas station is about 1 1/2 miles from my job, and my goal is to start riding to work, so I am almost where I wnted to be YEARS ago! Previous aforementioned emotional meltdown took me over a year to get over....I know....CHICKEN!! But the cagers behind us at the time cussing us out did not help me at all!!! Anyhow, just thought i would post that I am making great progress! We are leaving now to go to breakfast about 8 miles away, and then hopefully take another ride later on. See ya! I LOVE MY GZ!!!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads