Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
IRingTwyce

Location: Graham, TX & Houma, LA ... I commute. Holy crap! You sure can type a lot of stuff in this spot!
New to riding

Hello everyone! I'm new to the world of motorcycles. I'd been tossing around the idea of riding for quite some time. About 3 weeks or so ago I took a safety course and had a blast. Got my motorcycle endorsement one week ago today. I've been looking and looking for a good cheap bike to start on, but haven't had any luck. But I've got a great friend and coworker who has a '01 GZ. He's allowing me to ride it as long as I want, so I can make sure I enjoy riding before dropping 3-7 grand on a bike. Plus, it gives me a forgiving ride to learn on and become comfortable.

I started cleaning it up (it lived under a carport) and began riding it Saturday. So far I've put just under a hundred miles on it. I've become quite comfortable at speeds up to 45-50. Above that I get a little tense. Passing my first semi (opposite direction) was quite a shock and unnerving, but I've learned to adjust to it.

I've already done quite a bit of lurking and I'm looking forward to learning a lot about this bike.

[center:h2j5ojxn]'01 Suzuki GZ
(Coming soon) '02 V-Star 1100 Silverado
'06 Hyundai Azera Limited Ultimate
'98 Contour SVT
'98 Contour SE
[/center:h2j5ojxn]

Login or Register to Remove Ads