Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 09-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Badbob

Valve Adjustment Tools

These tools are not required to do a valve adjustment but the will make it a lot easier to do. I got mine here for $22.99. Do the adjustment without them one time and then do it with them and you will understand.

Kawasaki Valve Adjustment Kit

The label off my package:

You should also get some feeler gauges made for motorcycles. I use the Motion Pro Tappet Feeler Gauges. The shape of these gauges makes adjustment much easier. I tried using automotive style feeler gauges and managed to break some and never could get the gap just right. Automotive style gauges are cheaper but they can be very difficult to use. You'll need two gauges. One Part # 08-0392 Tappet Feeler Gauge, 002-.003 and one Part # 08-0393 Tappet Feeler Gauge, .004-.005. Don't be to concerned about not having the .001 gauge you don't need it. If the clearance is at minimum or below you need to loosen them up. The gap gets smaller as they wear. If they get to tight the valves will burn. A little loose is better than a little tight. Remember to check them before you loosen any thing. They may not need adjusting. I had a hard time finding these where they had one of each of the sizes I needed. The cards of six were relatively easy to find. These come all six in one size and two of each for about $25.

Motion Pro Tappet Feeler Guages

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Badbob; 01-08-2017 at 07:55 AM.