Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
Sarris

Re: Anybody ever ride a Stratoliner?

No mechanical problems with mine, although service is $$$$. The HD boys want to see you at 2500 mile intervals, but the manual and says 5k intervals, and thats all I do. The worst in my area is the 20k, which runs $659 + tires + brakes + etc. Mine was $1300 out the door.

Prior to my HD, I owned a Yamaha Roadstar 1700, which I totalled. That's when I bought my HD. When you sit on a Street Glide it feels less massive, lower, and easier to balance. It is also more nimble at low speed than the Stratoliner. The accoutrements and smoothness make the bike a real joy to own. Best bike I've owned. I"ll need (want) a new one when the 2010 models come out.

And no, HD doesn't deal (at least in my area) on new bikes, so I paid list for mine but I was able to have it built to my preferences. I had to wait 9 weeks to get it, but that was not a problem, as I was in a wheelchair from the above mentioned accident.

So come on Alan, bite the big weenie and join the club, we'll even let you keep your GeeZee. Rent a Glide, you'll be hooked.....

:skull: :biggrin: :skull: :biggrin: :skull: :biggrin: :skull: :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads