Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
Gadzooks Mike

Packing list

In the tank bag I carried maps, a small sprial bound notebook and pencil to log mileage and gas, clip-on sunglasses, mp3 player (which i didn't use), handheld dual band 2 meter/70 cm amateur radio, cell phone, matches, terrycloth rag, chapstick, small square of plywood (4x4 inches or so) to put under the kickstand if needed on soft ground, travel package of kleenex.

In the tail bag, I had the green slime flat fixer stuff, CO2 inflator with 4 cartriages, and a piece of thick plastic sheeting about 4x6 feet.

The saddlebags held my rain suit, an old, longsleeve warm shirt to wear under the jacket on cold mornings, lightweight bike cover (more to keep little fingers out of the bike at the motels at night, not so much as a weather protector), a few extra bungee cords, and a pair of tennis shoes.

The dufflebags bungeed to the passenger seat held the normal jeans, warm socks, t-shirts, etc. The top bag held the space blanket and sunscreen in an easy to reach external pocket. I also took along an extra do-rag, a small towel.

Under the seat were my tools, a multi-tool, a pen, and a shop rag.

I'm going to have to try mounting from the right side one of these days. After I heal, though!

Login or Register to Remove Ads