Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #31
GZ250

Re: Got a ticket on bike, what to do? ... updated 12/14/09

last week i went to the court looking for the DA to talk about the ticket, no luck, i went at 1:00pm and they told me for cases on future dates the DA will be available to talk at 3:00pm. i came back. today on court date, after standing in line when i finally approached the DA he told me that he can drop the speed to 34 on 25 and i do not need to go to the judge and we can solve here, i asked him will it solve my problem - no points on licence. he told me he cannot give legal advice. i told him i want to see the judge and he pointed to the court room. there were already 10-12 people in the room but just after 5 minutes they called my name. Another DA, " i can drop it to 34, i had the same question - will i get the points" no answer. i told him i want to see the judge and she was anyway in the room behind him. he gave my papers to the judge and she called my name and i entered the premises from the small door.

The police officer was not there anyway. i told her i don't think i was that fast, normally i remain under limit and the area where i got the ticket is my neighborhood and is a school there as well. anyway i will ask for prayer for judgement as this is my first ticket.

she asked me if i have any ticket in the past 3 years. i said No. she told me you do not need prayer for judgement and she will fine only $5 and no points will go on my licence. I thanked her and paid the court fee and fine and that its.

A happy ending. She was nice in talking and dealing with me.

As other people also mentioned in their replies. if someone is not a habitual offender and you appear nicely and talk nicely the judges treat you well.

THANKS and relieved I am.

Login or Register to Remove Ads