Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
NonallaNostrum

New Member, New Rider, etc

Hello all, new member here. Name is Rob, live in Florida. 36 (next month) and first time rider/ soon to be owner.

To make a long story short, I do mechanic work with a huge motorcycle enthusiast. He ad his wife used to ride together. His son wanted to take the safety course (req'd in Fl) but didnt want to take it alone. Decided to take it with him- he being semi experienced on 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, etc. Me, having never been on anything of the sort- and barely proficient with a standard tranny car (cage, right?). Anyway we both passed (even tho I dropped once during class). That was about a year ago.

Friends wife had a few low speed uh-ohs so friend bought her a gz250, "just like the ones in class" that she never had a problem with. Think she rode it once? Anyway became my starter bike when on out weekend breakfast trips. Switched to the sv650 mid ride one day and almost wrecked it pulling air in a corner. Havent been back on it since. Friends wife decided she is 'passenger only' now, so friend is going to sell me the GZ in a month or two when i get the cash up. Standard black, 2009 or 2010, cant remember. Like 1k miles or so.

So, I consider myself a GZ rider, for a while at least. Weekend trips been limited due to work schedules (his), so really only been out 5-10 short trips. Can't wait to own it so I can get back in the saddle. Don't wanna lose what little experience I was gaining. Coming on winter, but in Florida so should be able to ride most of the time. Florida not what you would call hilly.

Anyway long winded hello, been on the site most of the week, reading everything I can. Hve helped the friend with minor customization of his bikes (8 or 9 now i think), just nothing on GZ yet. Mechanically inclined, so prolly wont be asking for help and definitely not experienced enough to chime in about much- so no offense if I stay mostly quiet :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads