Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
apaz

Praying for another easy fix....

Hello there everyone. Hope your doing well. Hope the weather is great in your neck of the woods.
Just stopping by to say hi...... yeah right.

So I appreciate all the help I got on the other issue I had, but here's a new one.

After I fixed the safety switch, I set up to go for a ride (because I'm dying to get back out there on two wheels), and I was half way down my alley when she cut off on me. I checked that the nut I put in was secure and yes it is.
I tried turning her back on and she was now turning over, but not firing up.

I pushed her back down the alley and got to reading.
I did some visual inspection to see if anything had been knocked loose or was disconnected and nothing I could see.
I then got into the spark plug to change it, and inspect things in there while open. It all looked clean (did some reading on some other posts before starting this topic). I put a new one in, gapped it properly, made sure the lead was secure. I also checked that there was a spark and yup, a nice blue spark. Put her back together and viola! She cranked up. She ran for about a minute, then started to sputter and then cut out. Tried turning her back on and she just turned over but gave that sound as if there was no spark.

That's where I'm at. Thoughts?

Thanks again,

Armando

Login or Register to Remove Ads