Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #11
rusty rider

When I was 16 and immortal I laid my bike down on a black top country road with no one around and riding with out my hands on the handle bars. Front tire hit a chuck hole handle bars turned 90 degrees and slapped me down on the pavement like a mouse trap. I was wearing a brain bucket, t-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes and leather gloves. Amazingly I landed on top of the bike sliding down the road and throwing a rooster tail of sparks. I panicked put my hands down to try and slow the bike roasted my hands in less than a second, when I yanked my hands up my bare elbow touched the asphalt. You could see the bone in less than a second. Since that day I wear a jacket when I ride, it isn't leather but better than bare skin. I always wear gloves, jeans, and leather shoes or boots. This my not seem appropriate to many, but it is what I wear for protection.

I have always worn a brain bucket since I started riding. I personally don't care what someone else wears nor should they be concerned with what I wear.

Login or Register to Remove Ads