Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsandlin
What I do wear all the time is armor shields that go under your jeans for your knees and shins. Mine are from Icon and they are pretty comfortable. You do need to make sure you have loose fit jeans to have the leg room, but once they are on, you really can't tell they are there. They also have perforations for air flow which keeps then cool.
Are you talking about Icon Knee/Shin Field Armor?

I've been wondering how well that fits under jeans.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
LilNinja77

I used to have both the elbow and knee Icon armor, gave the knee armor away to a friend who needed a little extra padding in the event of a slow-speed fall. Both pieces seemed to be of decent quality, if I didn't have my actual armored pants I'd have kept them. I liked the knee/shin armor more than the elbow pieces, just seemed to fit me better, but the knee/shin didn't fit as tightly as I would prefer.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 08-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
Jenny

My partner was in a very serious accident (hit in the side by a drunk driver who jumped a median and several lanes of traffic before plowing into him). He was thrown across several rows of traffic and 20 feet into the right-of-way before bouncing off a chain link fence and rolling back across several lanes of traffic. He was in a lot of pain (concussion, but with a full face helmet, his pretty face that skidded across all those lanes of traffic is still pretty), some messed up scars even through his leather jacket (but the jacket just ripped at the seam and was later repaired with a new, bloodless lining added. The only broken bone was in his foot. He was wearing sneakers instead of his boots. He never, ever goes out without boots now; it doesn't matter what's happening!

Login or Register to Remove Ads