Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #21
Easy Rider

Re: Windshield advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Easy, I'm on the verge of buying one and I'm trying to decide between yours and Moe's. You seem to be mostly happier with yours than Moe is with his.
Maybe. Keep in mind that I "think" I like his better......based only on the one picture.....grass is greener and all that !! :roll:

I will be home next Wed. and can take some more pictures. Maybe Moe can too.
Have you compared the spec's for the two, mainly height and width??
As i mentioned earlier, height is more important and extra width really just increases the drag. Since I don't venture out on the freeways too much I don't care but since you do, you might not like the extra drag.

I'm not trying to talk you OUT of the Memphis Shades, just don't want you to blame me if it doesn't turn out good. It was rather difficult to get mounted the way I want......and required ordering the longer top rods.

I DO like it but still have a feeling that there is probably something out there that is just a LITTLE better.......a little OCD maybe. :cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #22
alanmcorcoran

I think yours is bigger (taller and wider.) You have both already posted pictures and I've looked at them. I think the biggest drawback of yours is it looks too big for the bike, but if it works better, I think I'd be happier with it.

Busyweb had a smaller one and he seemed to like it, but most of the rest of the posters seemed to have issues with the smaller ones simply redirecting the wind to their heads. I'm 5'11'' which I thought was average height, but from the few heights I've seen listed I might be taller than average for this forum. Which also tends to favor getting the taller shield.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #23
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I think yours is bigger (taller and wider.)
Which also tends to favor getting the taller shield.
Yes and yes!

Taller helps; wider doesn't really. With your need for freeway riding, I fear that a shield TOO big might not serve your overall needs the best.

I haven't had a chance for much serious testing.....and probably won't now 'til spring.....but after my last (and final?) adjustment, I had a gut feeling that it limits my top end a bit, or takes longer to get there.

Login or Register to Remove Ads