Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 05-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #11
alantf

Re: left key on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior

And then one day you can tell the boss you are leaving and not coming back.
I remember telling my workmates "Hey, you know next Monday when you've all got to get up at 3 am for the early shift - I'll still be in bed"

Then I RAN! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

I was awake promptly at 9:30 this morning. Looked at the clock a second time and went back to sleep.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
I was awake promptly at 9:30 this morning. Looked at the clock a second time and went back to sleep.

Good for you!!!! :2tup: :2tup:

Old 05-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #14
magnum44270

lol.
nice to know!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #15
mrlmd1

When my time came, I told my partner "I have some good news and some bad news for you".

He said, "give me the bad news first",
and I said "I'm giving you 2 months notice - I'm quitting, retiring, and moving to Florida".
Then he said OK," give me the good news",
and I said "I'm giving you 2 months notice - I'm quitting, retiring, and moving to Florida".

Needless to say. he wasn't too happy, but I was.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
When my time came, I told my partner "I have some good news and some bad news for you".

He said, "give me the bad news first",
Then he said OK," give me the good news",

Needless to say. he wasn't too happy, but I was.
As long as you are happy with the decision to retire and are enjoying your time then there can't be bad news. Your partner could/should have been happy for you. I worked with quite a few folks who expired before retirement. It is so sad because they missed a very exciting chapter of their lives.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #17
mrlmd1

It was bad news for him, good news for me. He saw it that way too.
I also have seen people that work right up until the day they dropped dead. Maybe they were happy doing that, maybe they never got to enjoy "their time". You go through different stages in your life. sometimes working all for other's benefit or enjoyment. I did enough 60-80 hrs. a week working for everybody else. Retirement is MY TIME, for me, and whatever I want to do with it. For as long as I have left, and that'll be for quite a while and that's OK with me.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #18
burkbuilds

mrlmd, I'm jealous! Sounds great, glad you were able to do that. My dad never wanted to retire. He was the senior partner in his firm, and even when they told him that his cancer was terminal and he probably had less than six months, he just wanted to go back to work. I tried to get him to go to the Islands or do something he'd always wanted to do, but he just loved his work. He was 71 years old, and even when the cancer had spread to his brain and he was taking radiation treatments , he'd leave the treatments and go to the office. He finally got to where he couldn't drive and he'd have my mom drop him off at the office and then she'd come back at the end of the day and take him home. Finally, one day he called her before lunch and told her to come and get him. When she finally got him out to the car she said he sat there and started crying. She asked him why he was crying and he said, "Because, I'll never be back here again." and he wasn't. My dream is to one day live at the beach, preferably retired there, dad's dream was the office, it was what he loved to do most. To each his own.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #19
GZ250

interesting, personal, emotional, lonely, sad and happy at times, LIFE is like that............... " To each his own"

it started with a "left key on" and reached the climax. i read each word. wish you all a happy life and a peaceful transition.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #20
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ250
interesting, personal, emotional, lonely, sad and happy at times, LIFE is like that............... " To each his own"

it started with a "left key on" and reached the climax. i read each word. wish you all a happy life and a peaceful transition.
Amen!!

:rawk: