Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
ArizonaKev

Re: My first bike

Reyji and Mercutio - I just want to echo your sentiments, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I too have thought about getting a bigger bike, so I could go "faster". Then when I thought about it, I realized that I would probably just end up getting speeding tickets or killing myself. I realized that my GZ is the PERFECT bike for the purpose intended : an economical means of transportation for commuting to and from work.

On top of that, I think the bike looks fanatastic, runs great, gets fabulous gas mileage, and is fun to ride. And the more I ride it, the less I want a bigger bike - the more happy I am on to be on my GZ. I look at people riding bigger bikes, and can honestly say I don't want one. I love my bike. When I referred to my bike being "just a little 250", my cousin in South Dakota said "Take pride in what you ride brother." And today, I do. I am proud to ride my GZ, and it's cool to see all these posts from other people who feel the same way :2tup:

GZ Pride - FEEL IT!

AZ Kev

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #22
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyji
my GZ its the perfect bike for me at this time. As a first year rider I really enjoy riding it and I am always excited about my next ride. Maybe because I am still a new rider and the excitement will probably wear off over time
Well........... I've been riding for over 45 years, & I've had my GZ for over 3 years now. Living as I do on a small island with a bad traffic problem, & most of the roads having a 50km/hr (30mph) speed limit, the GZ is the ideal bike, & I still love riding it as much as the first day I got it.

Note :- I even managed to get a speeding ticket with it. :biggrin: It cost me €100 ($150?) for going the equivalent of 6mph over the 30mph limit. :cool:

I sincerely hope that the excitement DOESN'T wear off for you. :2tup:
Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #23
Reyji

Oh that sounds like fun riding a GZ on a small island and its the perfect mode of transportation too. Geez the law enforcement is pretty strict when it comes to speeding over where you are. Must be a nice feeling knowing that your GZ is one of the fastest vehicles on the road. On your island the GZ rules! I plan to be riding until I'm an old fart. Not saying that you are that at all. Glad to hear that you are still as excited to ride after 4 decades on the road. That's awesome! :2tup:

"Take pride in what you ride" - Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the love Brother, Happy Riding :2tup:

Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #24
Water Warrior 2

In the real world a GZ will do most everything but compete with traffic on a multilane freeway. Riding the bike within it's capabilities is all you can ask of it. It is one of the best 1st bikes available and they are not so intimidating that new riders are afraid of them. Only time will tell if a GZ rider trades up. In Alantf's land of sunshine there is really no need for a big bike, by the time you hit top gear you may be in the Atlantic Ocean. :lol:
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #25
Mercutio57

My answer always is, "My GZ may be 'just' a 250, but it's NOT a cage. And that has made all the difference..."

Old 07-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
Reyji

I like your quote! The feeling of freedom of riding with the wind is priceless. The advantages of riding a 250 GZ outweighs any negative ones that you may have: economical, easy to maneuver, not intimidating, cheap on insurance & gas, fun to ride, practical and I bet you will look back at your first bike with fond memories. I have developed a bond with my GZ and I sense that my little GZ is most happiest when its on the road. It's like my little dog Nikko whose as Shi-tzu and he is always excited about going out for walks no matter how many times I take him. My little GZ loves to go out for a ride! I know it sounds weird but its a vibe that I am getting and I can feel it too when I'm out riding with her on the road