Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 03-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #31
Shammua

Re: Troubles with my GZ's engine, please assist.

With you saying that the front end seems to be about 10 degrees off even if your going straight and now the clutch rubbing issue (due to warping it seems) I would have to say that over all this bike has been wrecked and the frame is bent. The bend in the frame can cause stress that over time can cause warping of components such as the clutch basket and so on... I am not an expert on this bike yet but to my way of thinking and with the signs and symptoms you are providing that would be my first educated guess. If you can try doing a side by side with someone that either has the same bike or at least one as close to the same as yours. Sometimes a visual comparison helps to see small discrepencies that weren't visible before.

I have used this trick many times with my old Jeep Wrangler when it was messed up but I had no clue what was wrong. I would have a buddy ome over with his and I would jack both up and slide back and forth under them and in the end I discovered that not only did I have some missing bolts, but also my transfer case shifter hadn't been attached properly, OR braced into place as it should have been. Once I got these issues fixed on the Jeep it ran smoother, quieter, and my leak went away.

I know bikes are a lot different than any 4 wheel vehicle but the troubleshooting technique can be used the same...
I hope you find what is wrong and I honestly pray that I am wrong on the bent frame analysis...

Sham

Login or Register to Remove Ads