Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 05-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
marmar

First Commute To Work

So after passing my licensing exam, it was time to see how the bike handled the daily commute from temecula to rancho bernardo. I took the bike to work the past two days, and it was a blast. Old Highway 395 runs parallel to the I-15, so this little 2 lane highway only adds about 15 minutes to my commute. I do have to take the bike on a couple of stretches of the I-15, but only for about 2 miles each way. The bike does well enough on the interstate, I keep it just around 70, and it keeps at 65 in 4th gear while going uphill, so that's all I can really expect the little beast to do. I stay in the slow lane, one because i feel safer over there, and two, I'm slow! (I believe I am the only person on the road at 5 am going slower than 80). The 395 goes through some nice areas of the hills down here though, and it really makes for a nice unstressful commute. All in all I am hoping to be able to take the bike to work 2 days a week, which will save me about 20 dollars a week in gas, which at the end of the month means the bike basically pays for itself.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
cayuse

Re: First Commute To Work

Sounds awesome, Marmar. You've found a good route for your bike. I'll occasionally take Hwy 1 to work and I do that at 60-70, but it's a little hilly and a little windy so I spend half my time in 4th. It's much more fun to take the secondary hwy at 40-50 and work the curves. :2tup:

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA