Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
geezer

Re: why two pipes?

yes your right water warrior 2 valves flow more than 1 but no need for two separate exhaust ports. my fzr is a 5 valves and its got one pipe per cylinder so if there was some sort of advantage to this you would think more manufactures would be doing it to.clearing the frame seems to be number 1 in my book, along wiht suzuki might have been experimenting with the concept but couldnt justify the extra cost of all the extra stuff that goes with 2 seprate ports. just a thought
on the TU with its 2 valve head. i wanna say they did this for a torque increase. its true a four valve head will flow better than a 2 valve, but depending on valve lift and some other factors like RPM, more usable torque is probably the end result for the TU. not to mention FI which would add a ton of midrange punch to the mill. i bet you that bike will run circles around this one

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-22-2011, 05:17 AM   #12
alantf

Just a point to ponder on......... The 125cc version of the gz is identical in every other way, except that it's got only one pipe. But I believe it's only got 2 valves per cylinder. Still, just goes to show that two pipes aren't needed to bypass the frame, as was suggested earlier. :??:
Old 07-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
geezer

true that. hmm so then im thinking it was a suzuki test to see if this combustion head thing was gonna work. i think if failed! :neener: also is the frame the same on the 125? if not then the clearance idea could still be valid. anoother question. is this exact engine in anything else other than the gz?

Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

I would think the 250 and 125 engines are used in a variety of Suzuki models around the world. For those of us in North America a 125/250 is considered small but in many third world counties they are the norm.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #15
clonak

I had a gander at a GN250 the other day, looked very similar, and have heard rumors about it being the same engine. It had the 2 exhausts too. I wondered what the deal was with it as well. on the GN also looks like frame clearance, although, I dont see why it couldnt just come out to one side a little bit ?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #16
clonak

Just been looking at a mid 80's GN, same design. long experiment if thats all it was...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Gz Rider