Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Arcade

Hello from South Georgia!

Just introducing myself. I bought my bike new in 2006 with 7 miles on it. Since I bought it, I've put on over 4000 miles. 98% of it driving to and from work, which is a little over 16 miles round trip. I haven't had any long trips on it, probably the longest was about 50 miles or so. I've done a few things to the bike in the time i've had it. I put on a small windshield (don't remember who makes it but it says SpitFire on it), i've changed the brake pads, drilled the muffler and turned the air filter from facing backwards to facing forwards. The last two mods seemed to have increased my top speed to about 65-68 mph with a tiny bit of throttle left. Not enought to make a difference in an emergency, though. I ran into the back of a pickup truck a couple of months ago and cracked the front fender up pretty bad, so I removed it and have no plans on replacing it. I also broke the windshield as i went through it. That, i have replaced. I'm planning on swapping the muffler out with the EMGO side turnout and having to adjust the carb. Those will be my next mods in the coming months.

Amyway, just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thanks for the forum. I've wanted to do some things to my bike but never could find any aftermarket parts that looked like it might fit. This is THE place to find what I'm looking for. Thanks to Dupo and the rest for all the great info!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

First of all, welcome to the board.

I would suggest you replace the front fender is you ever plan on riding in the rain. A lady backed into my PARKED bike and cracked up the front of my fender. I was going to just leave it off until I rode once in the rain. You end up getting a reverse rooster tail which, aside from not protecting the engine and exhaust pipes, will coat the underside of your headlamp with grime and will spray you in the face, if you are going faster than 45 mph.

Needless to say, I just shaved off the front area that was cracked and put it back on. It's not exactly pretty. But, it doesn't look too bad and it works.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
Arcade

I've ridden in the rain a couple of times since taking it off and yup, i get the rooster tail. But I wear a full face helmet and have a windshield so it doesn't bother me at all. I'll have to pay attention to the underside of the headlamp when cleaning though. Never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
Meanguy

Welcome