Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
CMS

Well the TU250x did away with the Gz250, now the GW 250 is on the scene. Twin cylinder 250 ,liq cooled ,six speed with FI, eletronic dash, [Tach/speedo/clock etc] wish they would have done that with a single cylinder [I'am a thumper type] It's on the Suzuki Web sight, what do you think of this model? Sounds like we are now a GZ,TU, GW site. Terry

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Nate4s

Re: 2013

I think it looks pretty neat - really similar styling to the SV650 or even the Gladius. Hopefully it holds it's own against the Ninja 300 and CBR500/CB500 coming out in 2013 as well....
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

The GW 250 is a sharp looking bike. The only thing I wonder about is the weight factor. 400lbs is a lot in the 250 category. That said, stats don't tell the whole story. It may well ride and handle like a dream due to the weight and balance. It is very modern and updated with technology so should be virtually trouble free.
Overall the crop of 2013 bikes is getting exciting in the lower half of the spectrum. More do it all UJM's that aren't in a displacement competition. Bigger is not always better.
Really looking forward to spring and visiting the dealers to see what they have uncrated.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
CMS

I know the GW 250 is new to the US/Canda, but I have seen the picture of it 6/7 months ago.. They did not say if it would be in our market, but it was the same bike. The TU was around even with the GZ engine in other countries for quite a few years, I wonder where the GW has been prior to anouncement for North America? If so, there should be a few showing up at dealerships, has anyone spotted one yet? Terry

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
The GW 250 is a sharp looking bike. The only thing I wonder about is the weight factor. 400lbs is a lot in the 250 category. That said, stats don't tell the whole story. It may well ride and handle like a dream due to the weight and balance. It is very modern and updated with technology so should be virtually trouble free.
Overall the crop of 2013 bikes is getting exciting in the lower half of the spectrum. More do it all UJM's that aren't in a displacement competition. Bigger is not always better.
Really looking forward to spring and visiting the dealers to see what they have uncrated.

Water Warrior, My TU 250 X actually wheighs more than my GZ 250 , not by much but a lttle more. Terry

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953

Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
dentheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
It looks like Honda and Suzuki have been reading some of your previous posts concerning the lack of smaller displacement standard style bikes. It will be interesting to see if Yamaha and Kawasaki follow suit with new standard bikes. I am guessing that they won't, not their style of bikes.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Water Warrior 2

The market for smaller bikes( from what I have read ) is driven mostly by Europe and their cost of transportation. That and many less affluent economies around the world. It seems North America is the only area where bigger is always better with the wide open spaces and endless roads that invite big rigs on 2 wheels.
Most of the coffee buds that I know have big V-twins and use them for a coffee run and/or long tours. N.A. will always be a big bike market.
I personally prefer a smaller displacement bike due to cost, weight factors and the fact that I hate picking up a heavy bike after I drop it.
When I was shopping for a Vstrom I got locked into the bigger is better syndrome and almost bought the 1000cc model. The 650 was a wonderful bike and was all I had hoped it would be. I have never regretted my smaller bike decision.
When Lynda traded up to a M-50 from her GZ it was with regret as the GZ did everything it was asked but she wanted a bit more for touring long distances. The M is not a real big bike but it was still very capable and trouble free every ride. And easy for me to pick up with MC crash bars installed.