Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #91
Water Warrior 2

Re: Vulcan 900 Trike Build

Wow BB. I am surprised. I guess the decision to go back to 2 wheels was not an easy one. Although you put a lot of work into the trike conversion and it's trials it was also a tribute to your determination and steadfastness.
I doubt there will be much of a problem selling the trike kit once some one sees your results and knows it will fit a 900 with all the mods made for a proper fit.
Glad as all get out to hear you are in fit condition to go back to 2 wheels. I think that is a really big +. Best news of all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #92
mrlmd1

Why not sell the whole thing - wouldn't that be better, and then get another bike? Or at least don't take it off 'till somebody can ride it and see how the trike kit performs?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #93
bonehead

BB, I have an idea. Keep the trike for the future and go get another 2 wheeler for the now!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #94
burkbuilds

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been a little busy. My middle daughter graduated college yesterday, I graduated today and other daily things have kept me busy.

I have several options I could choose with the Trike/bike. At this point, I'm just ready to get back on 2 wheels again soon and the fastest way I can do that is to just put everything back the way it started and sell the trike kit if possible. If I wait and try to sell the whole trike, then it could take months and I'm just not willing to do that right now. I can't afford to sit on this one and buy another one either, so I am planning to convert back to two wheels and take my lumps on selling the kit on ebay or something.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #95
Water Warrior 2

Congrats to you and your daughter. Must be a wonderful feeling after all the hard work and studying for both of you.

Selling the trike kit is likely your best/quickest option to get back on 2 wheels. With the documention and final results in pics etc you will have proof for the next owner of a 900 who wants a triked 900 with no hassles. You fixed the flaws and made things work as they should. Hopefully some one will be willing to appreciate the amount of thought and work you put into the project and reward you handsomely.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #96
burkbuilds

Thanks WW, you have been a great encouragement to me in a lot of areas, from my education to my recovery from my wreck, and while I was building the trike. I really appreciate all the kind words and thanks again for the congratulations on my daughter's and my graduation. That makes it two daughters with college degrees finished and one to go.

It was a little surreal today walking across the stage, shaking hands with the regents and getting my degree. I don't think I've smiled that much since I got married over 28 years ago. It was a lot of hard work and there were lots of times I wondered if I was going to make it, but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and telling myself that I knew a lot of people with college degrees that couldn't possibly be any smarter than I am, so it must be possible for me to earn one too. Finally, today, I made it. It's a pretty good feeling. :2tup:

I'm glad I tried the trike. It gave me something to focus on during my recovery, it made my wife happy that I gave it a shot, and now I know for sure that three wheels just doesn't "do it" for me the way two wheels do. Besides, I like building things and I get a real feeling of accomplishment anytime I make something, so the Trike build was one of those deals for me. I'll probably loose money on it, but I gained other things from it that are often of more value than money is to me.

I also found that I really like the Vulcan 900. At 6'1" tall it's a better physical fit for me, giving me more leg room and it just feels "right" when I'm seated on it. It has a very low center of gravity and handles really easily and there is a lot of torque in that motor, so you don't need to downshift as much as I needed to on the 500 and the 250. I enjoyed the little bit of riding I got to do on it before I converted it to a Trike and I'm looking forward to riding it again as a two wheeler.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #97
Water Warrior 2

BB, you are the inspiration to a lot of us. You make a wonderful role model for others to look to for a sense of what can be done when the chips are down.
You started small on 2 wheels, commuted back and forth in all kinds of weather and proved it could be done. Fast forward through a couple more bikes and the mods you shared with us. All while going to school and raising a family. To say the least your plate was full to capacity.
Your crash and many injuries were pretty frightening with no real assurances of a total recovery. BB, you turned my thoughts 180 degrees with your enthusiasm and will to succeed where I likely would have thrown in the towel. You turned a negative into a big positive to keep your self busy and recover at the same time.
Now you will soon be back on 2 wheels with a diploma in the back pocket to remind you that nothing is impossible. I wish I could shake your hand and congratulate you in person. nuff said.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #98
JWR

Well said, WW.

:2tup:

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #99
PimpS

BB, congrtulations on your diploma, overall success as being a good father and your motivational vitalism. I'm just lurking for past few months, but Vulcan 900 Trike Build is the thread i like and always read. Whole thread is a story about not giving up, searching for the options when odds are shitty... The best i like the fact of you being sincere to yourself and going back on two wheels, I dig you, 2 wheels are wheels, and kawasaki is kawasaki.
RESPECT TO YA!

Primoz
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #100
burkbuilds

Thanks everyone, I am overwhelmed by your kind words.

Merry Christmas. :2tup: