Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
Badbob

I have the stainless steel ones purchased from eBay. $25 if I remember correctly.

Most of these are just a soft steel rod with about a half inch offset and some chrome. If you can find one thats close it can probably bent a little and made to work. The set on my wifes bike are not for a Suzuki. but they work fine. The Stainless steel brackets come with instructions that tell you to bend them to fit.

You could make some easy.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
KiwiGZ

Saddlebag Guards

Back after a long break and 2000 miles on my GZ - amazing how far you travel communting into work and back everyday!

I can not find these here in New Zealand easily, however a google search turned up a couple of US dealers that seem to have all the GZ250 accessories ...

RideNow - http://www.ridenow.com/results/b2c-cru- ... and=Suzuki (saddlebag guards $48.53)

Bells Susuki store on eBay (saddlebag guards $54.95)

Ron Ayers - http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/sga/type.cfm?secid=17 (saddlebag guards $53.93)

Now to find an NZ supplier!!

Wayne :o)
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 AM   #13
Water Warrior 2

All good sources for sure but the shipping to the GWN would be the same as buying them here. Still, I won't rule out U.S. sources if they can save me $$. Overall we have save a bundle ordering from South of the Border.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #14
Stretch

Brackets

Are you just looking for the Suzuki standard saddlebag brackets?

"Keep your saddlebags from having a sagging look with these custom designed saddlebag supports" Part #: 99950-70534 MSRP $55.95.

I found most websites bounced within $5 of the MSRP. If you bring the part number to a Suzuki dealer they can order it for you (mine gave me 15% off when I ordered mine yesterday). You can find the nearest dealer at http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories (on the top line menu) and this page gives you a handy little utility to find the standard accessories.

Best of luck!
-Bob
Old 07-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Don't spend money on overpriced metal "U"s.

http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum ... -made.html

You're welcome.
-Jonathan

Old 07-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Jonathan, thanks for the info. Problem here is lack of tools and such. Would have loved to make brackets but lack of tools, workspace and overall tool storage is a bother for an apartment dweller.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #17
Badbob

I should have done that. Although I only paid $20 for mine.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #18
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

This happened to me when I was a little younger and didn't have any of my current tools. In this case, I just ran over to home depot, bought the parts that I needed (it was for a car at the time) and found a machininst in the area to do the work. It only took him 5 minutes and only cost me $15.

Also, I prefer getting stuff done locally first, before I go through the process of ordering online. I don;t like to wait on shipping.

-Jonathan
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #19
finallyinthesaddle

Brackets

Quick, and probably stupid, question: Are the supports made with the intent to keep the bags off the shocks? or just away from the bike?? The problem I'm having is this. I want rigid mounted saddlebags, but I would like to keep the look of leather, in other words, no ammo cans or hard bags. I'm having a heck of a time getting the bags to clear the spring. I can't move them back w/o hitting the turn signal, and I can't move them up too far or they'll look stupid. Would supports be helpful in this? or does it not matter if the bags hit the springs? :??: :??: :??: :??:
Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
Easy Rider

Re: Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyinthesaddle
Quick, and probably stupid, question: Are the supports made with the intent to keep the bags off the shocks? or just away from the bike??
No and no.
They are made to keep the bags out of the SPOKES and from rubbing on the wheel.
The stock supports also keep them off of the springs....mostly.

Rubbing on the springs isn't a problem.......for the springs. It might wear the bags, over a LONG period of time.
My bags "hide" most of the spring but just barely touches them.

What do you mean by "rigid mounted"? A throw-over bag mounted UNDER the rear seat ends up being pretty rigid and fairly far forward, unless you "hack" the yoke some.

A really large bag would cover most of the spring and go all the way to the turn signals, depending on exaclty how you mounted them.

If I was going to get large bags, I would look for ones that disconnect from the yoke so that you could have a solid mount but still be easily removable.