Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 05-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
blaine

Re: Brake pedal adjustment

That's the way it's supposed to look.As you said it was probably that way from factory.Glad you got it fixed.One less thing to pay a shop to do.Good luck!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine
That's the way it's supposed to look.As you said it was probably that way from factory.Glad you got it fixed.One less thing to pay a shop to do.Good luck!
Maybe but I just can't let this thread die without commenting on the position of the brake PEDAL.

IF you have very long legs and that tends to make your toe point downward when the peg is in your instep......then it's OK, and your boot should be resting gently on, or very near to the pedal.

If there is an inch or more between the sole of your boot and the pedal in your normal riding posture......then the pedal is WAY too low.
Mine didn't look anything like that, and neither does my "new" bike......but my legs are on the short side (OK, WAY over on the short side!!!)
Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Maybe but I just can't let this thread die without commenting on the position of the brak

IF you have very long legs and that tends to make your toe point downward when the peg is in your instep......then it's OK, and your boot should be resting gently on, or very near to the pedal.

If there is an inch or more between the sole of your boot and the pedal in your normal riding posture......then the pedal is WAY too low.
Mine didn't look anything like that, and neither does my "new" bike......but my legs are on the short side (OK, WAY over on the short side!!!)
I to have short legs and like pedal much higher.I was commenting on posision of lever on hub

Old 05-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #14
ncff07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Maybe but I just can't let this thread die without commenting on the position of the brake PEDAL.

I think i do. :lol: Used to have a Ford Ranger and I traded it in on a full size simply because I got tired of hitting my head on the door frame almost every time I got in it. The position of the pedal in the pic is comfortable my foot is just a hair shy of touching it.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #15
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncff07
then went to adjust the light switch and noticed the spring had pulled out on one end and i didnt have an extra spring the right size so i joined the one on the bike with another small one.
Mmmmmmmmmmm Seems that something isn't quite right here! I've done all the adjustments - setting pedal, moving lever on spline etc - & the spring was fine. Turned the body of the switch until the brake light came on shortly after pressing the pedal. Can't think what your problem is, but you shouldn't have to add an extra spring. :??:

Old 05-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #16
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
then went to adjust the light switch and noticed the spring had pulled out on one end and i didnt have an extra spring the right size so i joined the one on the bike with another small one.
Mmmmmmmmmmm Seems that something isn't quite right here! I've done all the adjustments - setting pedal, moving lever on spline etc - & the spring was fine. Turned the body of the switch until the brake light came on shortly after pressing the pedal. Can't think what your problem is, but you shouldn't have to add an extra spring. :??:
I think he needed longer spring because of how low front pedal is sitting.As long as brake light is working properly it should be fine.I think when he takes it for a ride he will raise pedal some.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #17
alantf

Quote:
It sounds to me like somebody has moved the lever on the hub to try to keep pointer in spec.
Not correct The pointer is on the centre spline part. Moving the lever will have no effect whatsoever on where the pointer points when the brake is fully applied. :2tup:
Old 05-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #18
blaine

Quote:
Quote:
It sounds to me like somebody has moved the lever on the hub to try to keep pointer in spec.
Not correct The pointer is on the centre spline part. Moving the lever will have no effect whatsoever on where the pointer points when the brake is fully applied. :2tup:

I stand corrected.In my next post I explained it better.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #19
ncff07

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think he needed longer spring because of how low front pedal is sitting.As long as brake light is working properly it should be fine.I think when he takes it for a ride he will raise pedal some.
I may adjust more, was expecting that and left my 10mm wrench out just in case.