Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
RamAir

Re: Will a G S 500 Bolt up?

Man I was tuff on the first motor yes. But I babyed the second one got on the highway doing 100, 110 kph and after about 20 to 30 min stated makin that noise again when the top spun the bearings!! And ncff07 that is really cheap my first year was almost as much as the bike!!!!!! Oh well we will see.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

IIRC, there is only one other engine that will fit the frame in a 250 displacement and it is a V-twin made by Suzuki and really expensive to find. I highly doubt a larger engine can be shoehorned into the frame without major frame mods and a lot of fabricating of special parts. Your best bet might be a bike that is a little bigger b/c I think you are asking the GZ to do a little more than it was designed to do. Coming from Toronto you know that traffic is always in race mode.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #13
blaine

The chinese made "HENSIM" is a G.Z. frame with a 250 Honda Rebel engine

Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #14
RamAir

Blaine thats a good idea but is the rebel motor that much better then the GZ??
Old 06-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #15
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
Blaine thats a good idea but is the rebel motor that much better then the GZ??
IMHO I would say probably not as good.I don't know what mods were made to make engine fit.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #16
RamAir

I guess by what I read here I am just to big a dreammer! Oh well. Normal engine here I come!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #17
alantf

Quote:
I babyed the second one got on the highway doing 100, 110 kph
That is NOT babying! Susuki say that the first 1600 km are the most important in the life of the bike. It needs running in, & because of the tight fit of new parts, high speeds can cause heat, which makes the parts even tighter, & this is what causes early engine failure. They recommend no more than ½ throttle for the first 800 km, & no more than ¾ throttle for the next 800 km. I know some folk will disagree, but in 45 years of riding/driving I've ALWAYS run in the engines to manufacturers specs, & had no problems. :2tup:
Old 06-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
RamAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
I babyed the second one got on the highway doing 100, 110 kph
That is NOT babying! Susuki say that the first 1600 km are the most important in the life of the bike. It needs running in, & because of the tight fit of new parts, high speeds can cause heat, which makes the parts even tighter, & this is what causes early engine failure. They recommend no more than ½ throttle for the first 800 km, & no more than ¾ throttle for the next 800 km. I know some folk will disagree, but in 45 years of riding/driving I've ALWAYS run in the engines to manufacturers specs, & had no problems. :2tup:

I am so sorry alantf we may have a missunderstanding here. The "new" engine was a used one, with about 500km more then my old one that blew. It have 16,600km on it when I got it and in 557.5km was done! Like I said I think something for the oil feed to the top of the motor got clogded and no oil got to the top of the motor that is the only thing I can think of? Cuz over reving would not couse just the cam bearings to get whiped out. I did not drive this motor nearly as hard as last one. Also I use royal purple, K&N oil filter got myself a new air filter when I got the motor, and the best sparkplug mony can buy, and do oilchanges whithin the time frame so yes I think I do baby my bike, but I do expect it to work for my love. But I still love it no matter what! :blush: :itsokay:

But I am with ya on always following Manufactures specs! Thats a big :2tup: right there! Do it 100% or dont do it at all!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
RamAir

I wish I got a new one, tahts what my mom told me to do but I could not find a new one and even if you did I think they would be like 3G's *sad*