Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
Easy Rider

Re: I'm jealous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
...Except for the color, your 2004 looks identical to my 2008,
Wow, that's the first time anybody has ever said that....NOT! :lol:

You can pretty much plug in any 2 years back to about 1995, I think.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
davtnn

WOW allen .... 4500.00.. I thought i was getting ripped at 3200.00 (title tags set up and delivery)...
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
rexolio

Send a message via AIM to rexolio Send a message via Yahoo to rexolio
Welcome, DMan... BEAUTIFUL bike... beautiful color.

And is that a pin stripe on the tank or just the way the light is hitting it?
Owner of 2006 GZ250 since June 2008 - Yup, I'm a newbie!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
Dman5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexolio

That is a silver pinstrip, the picture doesn't really show that well, its from my cell phone. I will get some better pics up one of these days.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #15
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexolio

Here's a view of the pin striping on my tank.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
bigwonton

DMan,

Looks great and sounds like you had a blast. I'm another Northeast Ohioan - from Richmond Heights (Eastern 'burbs). I believe there's also another member on this board from the Akron area.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #17
Jer

Nice to meet ya. I'll echo the "SWEET COLOR!" thoughts from previous messages.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
Jenny

Re: I'm jealous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
...Except for the color, your 2004 looks identical to my 2008, that I just forked over $4500 for. You got in at a very good price. If you decide to sell for any reason, you can probably get twice what you paid. In this part of the country smaller displacement bikes are at a premium (new and used) cause they didn't ship enough of 2008 250cc's.

I've had mine two and a half weeks and I'm almost at 400 miles. Lost a couple days to the service department (I'm also a little envious of your mechanical skills - I tightened my own mirrors and was damn proud of myself!)

I'm impressed you rode the thing for eight hours on the first day. What's the ride around the lake like?
In my area any used 250cc bike is prime. They are impossible to come by. The guy at a local bike shop told me that it's because so many new users ride stupid and crack them up so there just aren't as many used 250s. I'm not sure that I believe that. I'm sure that's part of the problem, but I think it's more a matter of so many people wanting 250s to learn on and then either sticking with them or reselling them immediately. Add that to the fact that there just aren't as many 250s being produced as the larger bike, and you've got a product that people need.

I was extremely lucky to find a 2000 GZ250 last month, and I had to pay $200 over blue book value before the guy would even talk to me. I was willing to pay it (and would have gone $300 over but didn't tell him that), and handed him the cash immediately. I am amazed at the awesome price the original poster got for their new bike. That's INCREDIBLE!

The MSF class that I took had more GZ250s than any other bike. I had been told that most MSF classes have Honda Rebels, so I was surprised to see seven or eight Suzukis, a couple of Kawasakis, and one sport bike that I can't remember what it was. I love, love, love the fit! The other women on the Suzukis complained that the gas tank was too big and that it was uncomfortable between their thighs, but not mine. I'm short (5'2" and had no problems whatsoever). 14 hours on the bike in two days, and I wanted to ride some more when I left the class!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #19
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

It just blows my mind that bike salesmen continue to talk down to people looking to purchase 250s.
I was helping a buddy of mine buy a bike, and suggested the Ninja and the GZ. One of the salesmen overheard our conversation and threw in his 2 cents about outgrowing the bike in 3 months. And I'm sitting here thinking to myself that I've been riding the 250cc bikes for 6 years now. I guess I'm retarded for not leanring how to handl a larger bike.

Anyway, Enjoy your bike.

The larger gas tank on the GZ is better once you get in the real world because you don't have to fill up as often as you would on the Rebel, for example. The only small bike with more range than the GZ is the Ninja and, I think, the Kymco.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #20
RichInFla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
It just blows my mind that bike salesmen continue to talk down to people looking to purchase 250s.
I was helping a buddy of mine buy a bike, and suggested the Ninja and the GZ. One of the salesmen overheard our conversation and threw in his 2 cents about outgrowing the bike in 3 months. And I'm sitting here thinking to myself that I've been riding the 250cc bikes for 6 years now. I guess I'm retarded for not leanring how to handl a larger bike. ;)

Anyway, Enjoy your bike.

The larger gas tank on the GZ is better once you get in the real world because you don't have to fill up as often as you would on the Rebel, for example. The only small bike with more range than the GZ is the Ninja and, I think, the Kymco.
Yeah, my newbie buddy just bought one of those Kymco bikes (he has a friend who's a local scooter mechanic). It's a nice looking bike, except I didn't like the ignition key on the front side. He paid $4800 out the door for a 2008, I paid $1700 for my 2000 GZ, so I figure that leaves me a little money for "accessories" (or tires, as previousl posts have indicated !!)

Nice ride...