Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
And to me it says something about a persons thought process.
Indeed it does. And that subject might make for an interesting conversation.......in a different venue.
This kind of exchange often doesn't do well in THIS kind of forum.
Too much opportunity for misunderstandings.......as we have seen already.

I don't think it was you but I think somebody in this thread DID say, in effect, they probably got what they deserved......for not wearing gear. Now THAT is a sad commentary on how a person's thought processes work, to come to that conclusion and THEN to express it in a public forum.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Re: I'm with Easy on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
...we will soon find ourselves wearing helmets in padded strollers pushed around by our Mommies. (Hmmm, why does that sound kind of... interesting?)
Hey......you tryin' to steal some of my "creepy" points !?!?! :roll:
:lol:
Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Jer

Quote:
I don't think it was you but I think somebody in this thread DID say, in effect, they probably got what they deserved......
No, that wasnt me.

You're right. Its probably not the best conversation to have here.

And I wont be one to push it on anyone. That was never my intention.

It's all good.

We all do what we do. And we hope our life works out the way we want it to.

:rawk:

Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
Comike14

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty rider
Quote:
But yeah, would serve him a good lesson if he lost a little skin on that one

He is a fellow biker, I wish him no ill because of what he chooses to wear or not to wear riding a motorcycle.

Remember riding a motorcycle with Harley Davidson doesn't make you anymore superior than riding a GZ.

Wearing ATGATT doesn't make you anymore superior than the guy wearing shorts and t-shirt.
I don't wish harm on anyone, and I'm not trying to sound superior. I just totaled my own bike, thanks.

People learn lessons, and most learn through experience. If you touch a hot burner once, you won't do it again. Hoping that he learned a lesson is actually to his benefit rather than to his detriment.

And ATGATT wouldn't make me any more superior, it would just make me more likely to NOT have skin grafts.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #15
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Spent 15 min directing traffic last night....

...or the wire brush scrubbing.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

I really get a chill down my back when I see the lack of gear on some riders. Oh well, it is their choice so I do not say a word. Neither Lynda or I can ride without ATGATT. It is just habit no matter where we ride or for how long. I have also been wearing seat belts in cages since 1966 but that is just me.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
LilNinja77

Quote:
People learn lessons, and most learn through experience. If you touch a hot burner once, you won't do it again. Hoping that he learned a lesson is actually to his benefit rather than to his detriment.
You said it right Cornmike. As someone who has probably come off as one of those "I'm better 'cause I wear gear" people...........which I'm NOT, I just have a big mouth that tends to occasionally move faster than my brain :whistle: , I don't think that wearing gear really makes anyone more "superior"......eh, perhaps a wee-bit more aware of potential bloodloss. I will say though, that my experience is that an astonishingly high percentage of people simply aren't smart enough to learn from their own mistakes.....maybe I've just run in to a lot of dumb people or something, I dunno. My motto is this:
"Learn from your mistakes, but even better, learn from the mistakes of others. You just don't live long enough to make them all yourself!" .......YMMV :lol:

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~
Old 09-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #18
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinja77
You said it right Cornmike.
:haha2: :crackup

Quote:
As someone who has probably come off as one of those "I'm better 'cause I wear gear" people...........
More like "I'm better 'cause I wear LEATHER"...

Quote:
I will say though, that my experience is that an astonishingly high percentage of people simply aren't smart enough to learn from their own mistakes.....maybe I've just run in to a lot of dumb people or something, I dunno. My motto is this:
"Learn from your mistakes, but even better, learn from the mistakes of others. You just don't live long enough to make them all yourself!"
I have talked to lot of people around here with road rash scars who still squid around in a tank and flip-flops. Those people are the donors.

I also try to learn from the mistakes of others...that's why I'm not married.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #19
Newbiker08

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comike14
Hope he IS alright. From experience, it's easy to get up and walk away initially, then find out just a few minutes later something's broken. That's why I never move immediately after something like that--I wait for pain to hit so I know where to take it easy.
I believe it was in Proficient Motorcycling that Hough said to immediatly get up and get your butt out the road. Then lay down and then determine your situation. Wouldn't want to survive a wreck to get run over by the car that wasn't watching.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #20
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
I also try to learn from the mistakes of others...that's why I'm not married.
You're welcome!