Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
dannylightning

Re: Why are License Plates Covered?(In Pictures on the Internet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
I tend to do it, but I have to admit it's mainly out of unfounded paranoia. It's not that hard to search name/address and other more personal information out with a tag number on the Internet. Especially if you're willing to pay a little for the info.

With that info, people can do a lot of nasty stuff either to you, or in your name.
i had a guy and his son living with me for a while after they got kicked out of their place for not paying rent. the kids mom was crazy and kept trying to get the kid back even tho she was crazy and they would not give her custody. some how she was able to get all of my information, my address including the apartment number and the apartment number i had live in before i changed apartments and she knew a bunch of other crap about me too. she showed up in town about a week after they moved out and came to my door freaking out. a few of my friends are cops and took care of her quick..

she found out all that info on my just by my name and i have no idea how i was not in the phone book or any thing. so i guess it's not all that hard to get any info you want about a person.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
music man

I can take your name and armed with just that info, i can find out all about you, where you currently live, where you lived three years ago, what your neighbors names are, what THEY do for a living, where they lived three years ago, pretty much anything, nothing is private anymore.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
I can take your name and armed with just that info, i can find out all about you, where you currently live, where you lived three years ago, what your neighbors names are, what THEY do for a living, where they lived three years ago, pretty much anything, nothing is private anymore.
And you can do all that for not much money or without much effort. I stumbled across an internet ad for a company that will do security search on a person for you. Just out of curiosity, I plugged in my first name, my state and my birth year into their free search. It brought up my name, current address, phone number, and the last six cities I lived in (it brought up other people's names, too, but mine was right there on the first page). And that was the free search! For forty bucks it would do a complete search of health and tax records, shit like that. It is scary how easy it is to find all that info in the digital age.

I'm a teacher and one year I worked with a guy where one of his students (17 year old delinquent) found out his home address and phone number and stalked his wife. Scary shit. I try not to be paranoid about that stuff, but I don't blame people for blurring the info out. People can see your license plate at a stop light, I suppose, but how many will see your ad on Craigslist, etc.? All it takes is for one of them to be a little off kilter.

Keith

Old 05-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
dannylightning

Quote:
ok stop blacking out your liscense plates. your worst enemy has plenty of ways to find you, poop on your front porch, light it on fire, ring the door bell and run. and its only gonna cost 40 bucks and one match.. possible some toilet paper too depending on how much time they want to spend before they ring the door bell.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Jesus, I'm screwed. This MFer has my address!!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #16
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777

Jesus, I'm screwed. This MFer has my address!!

Thats right and don't you forget it :twisted: :biggun: