Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: 2003 Blue Ohio

Honestly, if you're looking to INCREASE selling value, keep it bone stock. Any aftermarket mods generally decrease value significantly on these bikes which is sometimes not the case with the larger, more expensive bikes. This is from a selling mindset - if you want more money for the bike, sell the AM parts in a box beside it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Honestly, if you're looking to INCREASE selling value, keep it bone stock.
Very true. I don't think I would go to the trouble of changing back the front sprocket, though. I certainly would tell the new owner about it, and offer the 15T with the sale but I can't see that affecting the sale or the price one way or the other.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

The aftermarket sprocket is the only thing I would even think about leaving on during a sale.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
mr. softie

I had modded my GZ seat for comfort and made a rear rack from the rear seat, but changed it all back to stock before I sold it. I agree an all stock GZ is more desirable for most buyers looking for a GZ. I did leave the 16 tooth on it though, and included the 15 tooth. I really liked the GZ a lot more with the 16 tooth.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
The aftermarket sprocket is the only thing I would even think about leaving on during a sale.
Thought about that a little overnight. I think for the "average" rider, leaving "standard" accessories ON the bike might make it sell better, although maybe not for a (much) higher price.

Unless you are trying to squeeze every possible penny out of the sale, I think things like windshield, sissy bar/rack, bags & brackets and engine guard are not worth the trouble of removing.

Anything falling in the category of mods (non-standard) probably should be put back to stock if you can.

Having a few standard accessories already on the bike has always been a plus when I am looking for a bike.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #16
Sarris

I usually leave the bling. It's normally road worn & won't fetch much used.

Hey, if my old used bling enhances the sale price, or makes my GZ more attractive than your identical GZ, then it was a good investment.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
I usually leave the bling. It's normally road worn & won't fetch much used.

Hey, if my old used bling enhances the sale price, or makes my GZ more attractive than your identical GZ, then it was a good investment.

Yep. And the GZ isn't exactly like some of the Harleys, etc, with alot of high dollar mods out there. Once you get past the sissybar, windshield and/or bags, there's not much more. The majority of the GZ buyers are looking for a first bike or economical bike and not thinking about the upgrade potential of the GZ. The few custom pieces we have available, will help sell a well maintained, accesorized GZ quicker than a not so well or bare stock GZ.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
Evil Sibhod

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Sibhod Send a message via AIM to Evil Sibhod Send a message via MSN to Evil Sibhod Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Sibhod

For desperation sake, I'll say $2100 which is the KBB value for the bike. The whole deal still includes the bike in excellent condition, wind shield, 2 saddle bags, and 2 helmets though.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #19
mrlmd1

Never buy or trust a used helmet. To the uninitiated it may sound like a good prize to get with the bike but it shouldn't be trusted and it probably has somebody else's crud inside.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Never buy or trust a used helmet.
While that might be good advice in general.........NEVER is a LONG time.
And suggesting that a specific individual who you do NOT know might be selling/giving away helmets that are ........tainted, is at the very least RUDE.

If you just couldn't resist the urge to convey that opinion, it could have been done in a private message. :poke2: