Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 05-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
mrlmd1

Re: What are they called?

And why would you want to spend $10-20 for an authentic motorcycle "puck" with or without someone's emblem on it if you can do it for almost free and accomplish the same thing? To each his own I guess. Those things are thicker than a switchplate, electrical box cover, or flattened beer can and take up more room in a bag.
The only advantage of a plastic or rubber puck over a metal one would be to have something that maybe the kickstand wouldn't slide off of, but that's theoretical, I've never heard it happen to anyone. You could always bend one edge up a little to form a lip of sorts , or turn the switchplate so that the little lip faces upward if you were worried about that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
turn the switchplate so that the little lip faces upward if you were worried about that.
Well, yes, if you get one with rolled edges, like I do.....then I think you WOULD want the edges facing UP.
Come to think of it, I threw my cover plate in the new bags and didn't really try it with the new kickstand yet. Think maybe I should? :roll:
Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
Red_bike

I have used several kinds of “kickstand plates” over the years. One was real nice that I spent about $ 15 on and it lasted until I drove off and left it there for someone to fine. Then the electrical face box plate was used until I left it. So I started picking up metal plates that were just close at hand and would use them. A lot of my riding is going to the same place so I started leaving my kickstand plates here and there so I would have them when I got there. I also started painting some metal plates a very bright color so that I would notice it when I was about to leave. I guess what I am saying is….it’s good to have them with you but be prepared to replace them and they are called Kickstand Plates”.

Duck

Old 06-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
New GZ250

Thanks for the informative and creative ideas, sorry for "my" dry sense of humor and how it was misunderstood. (Love You Guys, including the Site) Originally I was looking for a stand puck. (Guess that might be what they might be officially called) Think I will spend a few cents and buy a couple of electrical plate covers, for the few times I might need some extra support.
Thanks to all for understanding!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #15
New GZ250

http://www.repairmanual.com/catalog/cycle_foot

Here it is!
:plus1: