Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 07-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
cayuse

Re: Going on my first ride tomorrow a few questions???

Congrats, DH! Welcome to the club! :2tup:

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidHoff
Thanks for all the tips on shifting you guys :rawk: !!! Here are some of the pictures from my first ride! This was the first time I've ever been on a motorcycle and I still haven't stopped smiling! This motorcycle is very very nice to ride and perfect for someone with little to no experience or someone who just wants to enjoy the riding experience, I Love It!!!

Looking good. You have probably realized the GZ is an ideal first bike. It loves training new riders and entertaining more experienced riders.
Now on to my favorite subject. PLEASE wear protection for your hands and knees. Only 2 of each are issued at birth so you must take care of them. Maybe better foot wear in the future too. You have a good helmet and a decent jacket by the looks of it so that is excellent. Yup, one of the local safety czars has found you but don't despair I will give you time to save money for gear. Please remember you can't buy back your good health after some major damage. And it will be said by others as well as myself............only you can determine the amount of risk that is acceptable. I will now fall off my soap box in my armored gear. :lol:
Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
dhgeyer

I don't know about other places, but in NH they won't let you take the training course without foot gear that protects your ankle bones (some kind of boots - no sneakers), gloves, a DOT approved helmet, long pants (intact), and some kind of long sleeved something, and eye protection. Might be different where you are, but I doubt it.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
DroidHoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidHoff
Thanks for all the tips on shifting you guys :rawk: !!! Here are some of the pictures from my first ride! This was the first time I've ever been on a motorcycle and I still haven't stopped smiling! This motorcycle is very very nice to ride and perfect for someone with little to no experience or someone who just wants to enjoy the riding experience, I Love It!!!

Looking good. You have probably realized the GZ is an ideal first bike. It loves training new riders and entertaining more experienced riders.
Now on to my favorite subject. PLEASE wear protection for your hands and knees. Only 2 of each are issued at birth so you must take care of them. Maybe better foot wear in the future too. You have a good helmet and a decent jacket by the looks of it so that is excellent. Yup, one of the local safety czars has found you but don't despair I will give you time to save money for gear. Please remember you can't buy back your good health after some major damage. And it will be said by others as well as myself............only you can determine the amount of risk that is acceptable. I will now fall off my soap box in my armored gear. :lol:
Thanks for the advice! My jacket is plated at the elbows shoulders and spine, I do have gloves but only got them yesterday and boots are being picked up today they are boots for riding and do protect my ankles. I honestly have never thought about knee protection though!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
Water Warrior 2

DH, you make me happy with your attitude and actions. I know you will ride as safe as possible and have a long riding career. Carry on young Sir.