Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 12-30-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
jonathan2390

Send a message via MSN to jonathan2390
Re: does anyone knows how much it costs to repair the clutch

Well first of all i wanna thank you all for your help, but GZ rider ur pics really helped me and guided me of what i needed to unscreew thanks man ... So i decided to give it a shot and try to do it as jonathan180iq said, and apparently im on the right track. I already took out the clutch cable and unscreewed the bolts and i didnt have any trouble on that, now im just gonna go buy the clutch cable, and as for this i dont think i might have a problem to put it back together, but i have another question???? do you all think something else might have been damaged??? Since that night after i stopped i tried to turn my bike on again on 1st gear and the bike would kind of go foward by itself.... is that a bad sign??? or its normal??? but when i put it on neutral the bike would sound normal no bad sounds or anything like that..... Any suggestions???? or comments??? Well once again thanks everyone on this forum and hopefully i can finish the job.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #12
jonathan2390

One more question..... How do i get out the clutch cable from this part???

This is the broken clutch cable that was connected to the clutch lever and the other part is the end of the cable that is still connected with that part :??:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #13
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2390
i tried to turn my bike on again on 1st gear and the bike would kind of go foward by itself....
Of course it did. With a broken cable there is no way to disengage the clutch, so the clutch did what it's supposed to do - join the engine to the transmission & make the bike move. :roll:

Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
Gz Rider

Old 01-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #15
jonathan2390

Finally after one week later, I received the clutch cable. I installed the cable, it wasnt that hard but a little complicated. It took me around 20-30 minutes to do it and after everything seem to be "ok" i took the bike for a little test around the block. I was able to drive it and change gears but i doesnt feel the same as before. When I try to accelerate from 1st gear its when i feel the difference that i need to adjust something, because i feel it weird like kind of too tight idk how to explain it :s. Im thinking that it might be the clutch release arm, that i didnt installed the same exact position as GZRIDER told me to mark it. I wasnt able to mark it because I saw the info a little bit too late after i took off the cable. But i tried to install the clutch release arm the best way i remember how it was. If anyone knows what might be the problem, how can i adjust it, or what can i do i will appreciated a lot. Thanks..

Old 01-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #16
alantf

The cable needs to be adjusted so that there is a little (½"?) play at the outer end of the clutch lever. This may have to be done with the adjuster at the lever, at the engine end, or it may be necessary to move the arm on the spline if the other two options don't work. What you don't want is for the arm not to return fully when the lever is released, or for it not to move fully enough to open the clutch when you pull the lever.

BTW, look at the photo above, with the arrows marked. check that yours looks to be in the same position.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Gz Rider

Old 01-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
jonathan2390

Well after reading the owners manual page 7-17 as GZRIDER said I was able to adjust it as how it was before. Well maybe not exactly the same but it feels almost the same and i dont think i might have a problem. After some minor and major adjustments as it says on the manual, I took the bike for a little ride and now it feels good. Apparently the lock nut on the clutch lever was too tight. All i can say is thank you all, since this is my first repair :2tup: :rawk: hopefully nothing goes wrong.

This is the picture of how it looks.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
jonathan2390

Now i might want to try to change the front brake pads. Is it too hard or complicated? :??:
Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #20
Gz Rider