Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
sabo99

Little Help Please :)

Good morning,

I was on here previously but was unable to remember my username. So i created a new one. I have a 2007 GZ250 with 2300 miles on it. It has been in for the services needed to this point, and i change the oil myself. Using 10W40 Valvoline motorcycle oil. The problem i am having is that when i go on extended rides, after about 20-30 miles, i start to just lose all power all of a sudden, and the throttle does nothing. Will be cruising along at 55 mph, and then i just lose all power, bike wont rev up by giving it throttle. Engine stays running. I downshift, and it will take off again once i get back down to lower gears. It is fine until the bike gets warm after riding a while. Air filter is good, oil is fresh, gas is fresh, and i have ran seafoam through it already this year. This also happened last year. I am fine as long as i stay off the highway and dont cruise at 55 for a while. Any help, or ideas would be great. I am thinking about checking the spark plug. Replacing it. Thought maybe a carb issue, but it should be clean. I always store with Stabil, and run some seafoam through it beginning of summer each year. Thanks

Paul

Login or Register to Remove Ads