Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 04-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #21
Evil Sibhod

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Sibhod Send a message via AIM to Evil Sibhod Send a message via MSN to Evil Sibhod Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Sibhod
Re: 2003 Blue Ohio

Haha thanks for sticking up for me Easy, but honestly I got the 2 helmets when I bought the bike used, and never wore them, right away I went out and bought my own. Though to counter mrlmd1's points, you can wash most all helmets now because they have removable innards, and most hospitals will do free MRI's (I think MRI is the machine) to check your helmet for fractures and what not.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #22
mrlmd1

I doubt a hospital will do a free MRI on anything, and it would be better to do a CT scan, (you'd probably get a much better set of images) and I doubt that would be free either. Where did you hear that?
Easy - let's not start again. That could have been a PM too.
The helmet has to fit properly too, and a free one may actually be useless is it's not the right fit.
And why did Evil go out right away and buy a new helmet if he got 2 for free?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #23
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Easy - let's not start again. That could have been a PM too.
The helmet has to fit properly too, and a free one may actually be useless is it's not the right fit.
And why did Evil go out right away and buy a new helmet if he got 2 for free?
SIGH! Let's talk about bedside manner and common courtesy.

Talking about proper fit and poetntial hidden damage is all well and good.
Suggesting that they might be infested with cooties goes over the line, IMHO.......when you are actually talking to the person who is offering them up.

It is not so much what you said but HOW you said it.........and I am somewhat of an "expert" in making mistakes like that. :cool:

Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #24
mrlmd1

You want to talk about bedside manner and common courtesy? Here's a real good example of bedside manner and common courtesy from one of the Admins in a different thread:

"Sounds like you got what you signed up for then.

Good luck on your travels."

I don't think I came anywhere close to this bedside manner and common courtesy regardless of how YOU took it.
I have nothing else to say here about HOW you think I said what, or what you thought my intention or meaning was, so I'm dropping this conversation, I have nothing more to say here and I think my comment was fine and the point was made without the degree of reaction you had. I don't think anyone else was particularly offended by HOW I said it as you were.
So now, here we can go again, but have a good time 'cause I quit this now.
And crud can consist of dried up sweat, skin, bacteria, and not all helmets can be cleaned. You want to wear someone else's helmet, nothing personal, have a nice time.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
Easy Rider

Quote:
I don't think I came anywhere close to this bedside manner and common courtesy regardless of how YOU took it.
OK, I guess that pretty well sums it up: You don't care what other people thing about your messages. I get it. I had hoped for better, however.

:facepalm:

Old 04-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #26
mrlmd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
OK, I guess that pretty well sums it up: You don't care what other people thing about your messages. I get it. I had hoped for better, however.

:facepalm:
I honestly have no idea what planet you came from, how you reach those conclusions other than twisting whatever you want in your mind. And I'm not the only one on here that thinks that sometimes you're pushing it, that you're over the edge. Some others have expressed the same view, and I bet there are others who don't bother to come forward with their opinions. I say what I think, what I feel, like you do. I impart any knowledge I think I have, and offer my opinion, which I am entitled to. I care what I say because I know others are going to read it, and that reflects on me and the value of what I say - but I just don't particularly care for what YOU think when you make comments like that out of the blue, accusing other people of doing exactly what you are doing. Bedside manner and common courtesy? Ha! You may have some (maybe more than most on here) mechanical knowledge, but very little expertise in dealing with interpersonal relations. You think you are always right, no matter what you feel like saying. You have the ability, and think the authority, to freely criticize anyone who doesn't share your opinion or says something in a way YOU perceive to be offensive to someone else, and then criticize and try to impose your "morality" on them. You have assumed the role of the Proper Bedside Manner and Common Courtesy Policeman on here, saving all others from what YOU think insults them. But you don't have to obey the rules you propose - typical.
Like the government mandating helmets, you mandate your own morality without checking if anyone else is offended, but it doesn't apply to you.
Grow up, take a look in the mirror. Like you keep repeating, it's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it. In your case. sometimes you shouldn't say anything at all. :jo: :curse:
And "never buy or trust a used helmet" is the consensus of just about every bike site on the web - if you need them, I can find you references but I suppose you could criticize them too some how.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #27
David Bo

From the GZ250 ETIQUETTE & PROTOCOL:

Avoid Trolling.
A troll is someone who posts topics on message boards with the sole purpose of instigating argument or debate. It is definitely an etiquette no-no and will earn you the disrespect of everyone on the forum. It is usually easy to identify a troll after they've been on the
boards a few weeks, and you could easily wind up with a suspended or banned account.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #28
JWR

Will the real Troll please stand up.

:poke2: :??: :??: :horse:

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 04-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #29
mrlmd1

DB - I agree with you. But is it instigating a debate to say "Never buy or trust a used helmet" or to say:
"While that might be good advice in general.........NEVER is a LONG time.
And suggesting that a specific individual who you do NOT know might be selling/giving away helmets that are ........tainted, is at the very least RUDE.
If you just couldn't resist the urge to convey that opinion, it could have been done in a private message. :poke2:"

If you don't agree with what I said, or you can't withhold a comment, why don't you then post "IMHO, there are some few times where buying a used helmet might be appropriate and OK" and then explain yourself, instead of going off and telling the original poster that he has no etiquette or manners or common sense, etc. because he may be insulting someone else he doesn't know and his tainted cooties? That's the kind of crap on here that has to stop - practice what you preach, don't be so quick to criticize or just have to post something no matter what it adds to the discussion.
And IMHO, the only helmet I would buy used is one that is still in the box, was worn maybe once or twice, had absolutely no visible marks anywhere on it, and fit perfectly. Otherwise, you want it, you can have it. :bang:
This is not only beating a dead horse, the discussion is falling on deaf ears.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
JWR

Quote:
That's the kind of crap on here that has to stop - practice what you preach, don't be so quick to criticize or just have to post something no matter what it adds to the discussion.
Where do you get that from and where do you fit in?.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."