Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Yellow Haze Below the Carb?

That last part, is also totally normal.

Your '84 Vf700 was a very nice bike for it's time. The gz250, on the other hand, is a price point bike that is made just about as simply/cheaply as it can be made. Don't get me wrong. It's durable and tough. But there are features and options on more expensive bikes that didn't even get sneezed at when they were designing the Gz.

Also, you answer your question about RPMs, see Quimrider's Tachometer installation. It was my second favorite addition to the bike ever!.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=533

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
tcrave

Thanks! I like that tach! I will be definitely looking into that. As long as i can get one for under $50, that will be the first addition I will be putting on it. I know when to shift, thats not a problem and I know when its revving WAY too high, but I'd still like to see where the RPMs are at regardless, especially when idling or going a constant speed for a long time, its just nice to have.

And yea, that is essentially what my buddy said too...that these bikes are just made as cheaply as possible, which is why the blow-by is set up like it is...i also noticed some excess RTV that had squeezed out when the crankcase was put together and I said "damn, looks like the person had rebuild this before, thats disappointing" and he responded with "nah man, thats just how they made em. it was the cheapest and easiest way to do it."

I will be putting one of those tachs on my bike as soon as possible, thanks!! What was your first favorites addition?
Old 06-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #23
tcrave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-M ... ccessories

will that one work?

Login or Register to Remove Ads