Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
daza87

Re: Battery Life when Unused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I bought a brand new AGM Yuasa battery (one of the best) online from Battery Source and including shipping I think was about $50-60, no more than a lead acid battery from anyone else. Most motorcycle batteries nowadays are AGM or VRLA (sealed lead acid battery) and you might even have a hard time finding a straight lead acid nonsealed battery in the correct size for this bike.
That's similar to the price of mine, it's a good battery.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #22
lenkf

Re: Battery Life when Unused

When I lived in Denver, batteries lasted less long than my previous experience as a California driver. Back in California now, the battery on my 2003 Explorer couldn't even play a music CD for 10 minutes recently. The engine wouldn't start without a jump. Batteries just wear out. I took the old battery down to Batteries+ store in my sidecar moto and replaced it. I'm good to go for our mild SoCal winter and another 5-6 years

I just got a 2009 GZ250 with only 132 miles (now nearly 400). This bike was barely used and probably rarely started during the last 2 years. Yet this small battery is still good to go on "cold" 45-50 F mornings I expect it will last another 1-3 years.

Fred