Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 03-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #31
hacc81

Re: Daily commuter... Boulevard M50 or Sportster 883 Superlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayuse
Hacc81, sorry man, but if you go for the HD you're gonna have to give up that full face helmet.
Sorry, bud. :neener:
Hey cayuse, not really because the Sportster is not really a Harley... Remember? :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
And maybe dress like a pirate. Did you realize H-D colors are black/orange like Halloween ? All kidding aside I would own a H-D if I had a fortune to spend on a large garage and toys to fill it. A Ninja 250 would be a hoot too. A Ural sidecar rig would be on the short list too.
WW, I think is the Suzuki the one with the orange/black combination... But I don't know, I kinda like it... Are you gonna tell me that you don't like Pirates of the Caribbean??? :lol: :neener:

For now, I'm just gonna wait until is sunny enough to test drive both bikes again (and perhaps others too) and finally try to make a decision...
Anyways, thanks for your replies guys... Appreciate it... :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #32
mrlmd1

Just for the heck of it, if anyone's interested, there's a guy here on the local CL trying to sell a brand new red Vulcan 500 with 61 miles on it (bought it new, then chickened out about motorcycles- can't master shifting he says). He's down to asking $3750 now from originally $4750, and I bet he would even take less as he's had it on there for many, many months now with no takers.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #33
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacc81
I came across the Boulevard M50 Special Edition (black/orange, beautiful bike!) and the [b]H-D Sportster XL883L Superlow
I know this is an old post, but it reminded me that most Harleys are orange/black. Today I spotted a new roadster in a beautiful shade of mid blue. It really did the bike justice, & made it stand out. Anybody know if this is a new Harley colour, or has it been around in America for some time, as I've not seen this colour before, over here.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #34
mrlmd1

That Vulcan 500 I mentioned above is now down to $3475 - sounds like a good price if anyone's interested. (on Tallahassee CL).
Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

Alantf. Take a walk through a couple large H-D shops and the black/orange is not that noticeable. H-D probably has the largest variety of colors and trims accents on the market. Also their paint is second to none as you have no doubt noticed.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #36
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Take a walk through a couple large H-D shops and the black/orange is not that noticeable.
That explains it. Over here there's just one Harley shop, & it's not that big. Seems like all their bikes are black or orange. Must be the way they order them. We just have to buy what bikes the dealers offer.