Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #31
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Re: my 01 suzuki volusia video and gz video's

Haha, you really think I'm that pissed off because you don't like Mustang seats? Really? Are you that... never mind.

I'll be honest... people who are more concerned about image annoy me. Its like they approach motorcycles as a fashion trend. Its why I can't stand guys who ride choppers with ape hangers -- you know they don't put any miles on their bikes because its simply too uncomfortable.

Now, maybe you are like that... maybe you aren't. But I still think its incredibly stupid to not have a helmet for a passenger. Granted, I'll give you that the passenger in question in this thread may have had enough experience to make her own decisions, but you can't deny that most of the time when a guy gives a chick a ride on his bike, she's probably never ridden before. Its THESE people that you have no right to make decisions for, or at the very least you should fully disclose the dangers of riding.

Now unbunch those panties and relax a bit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #32
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal

I'll be honest... people who are more concerned about image annoy me. Its like they approach motorcycles as a fashion trend. Its why I can't stand guys who ride choppers with ape hangers -- you know they don't put any miles on their bikes because its simply too uncomfortable.

I am like that to a certain extent, but honestly, everyone is concerned about image a little bit. Now that being said, I will be damned if I pick a seat for my motorcycle based on looks, I wouldn't care if it looked like I strapped a pillow off my bed on to it, as long as it was comfortable, of course because of the first thing I said, I would only have that ugly seat on there for long trips, but the point is the same regardless. (but it would be nice to find one that looks good and is comfortable, but as far as seats are concerned, comfort comes way before looks).

And I will agree with you about those gigantic ape hangers also, there is absolutely no way that can be comfortable.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #33
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Quote:

I am like that to a certain extent, but honestly, everyone is concerned about image a little bit. Now that being said, I will be damned if I pick a seat for my motorcycle based on looks, I wouldn't care if it looked like I strapped a pillow off my bed on to it, as long as it was comfortable, of course because of the first thing I said, I would only have that ugly seat on there for long trips, but the point is the same regardless. (but it would be nice to find one that looks good and is comfortable, but as far as seats are concerned, comfort comes way before looks).

And I will agree with you about those gigantic ape hangers also, there is absolutely no way that can be comfortable.
i hear the apes are really comfortable, my good buddy has some of those on his bike, he claims they are much more comfortable cus your arms are just hanging there and with regular bars it takes more effort to hold your arms up and such crap witch makes your arms tired faster. that is why he likes them. in a way that sounds kind of logical

if i really cared about image all that much i would have bought a harley. It's nice to have something you think looks good, something you can be proud of, no matter what i have i like to to be and look nice. please excuse people for wanting to have nice things.

what is screwed up and annoying is a person that knows nothing about another person but yet judges them over something so small, and than tries to talk down to that person. that crap don't fly with me, im not quite sure i'm the one that has their panties in a bunch.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Quote:
Its why I can't stand guys who ride choppers with ape hangers -- you know they don't put any miles on their bikes because its simply too uncomfortable.

but you can't deny that most of the time when a guy gives a chick a ride on his bike, she's probably never ridden before.
You seem to make assumptions and group people into certain categories and immediately judge them by that. I guess when i try out the 12" apes for my bike i should just assume you can't stand me then? Nice.

I know a guy that runs 22" ape hangers and has run his bike from PA to Florida about 5 times now. I know others who swear by (not as tall) ape hangers for comfort and ride everywhere like that. They put more miles on than i do!

Most of the women i see on motorcycles are guys wives .... rarely do i see guys just pick up chicks on the fly and drive off.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #35
music man

I can definitely see where those Mini-ape hangers would be very comfortable, but those damn tall ass ones I just can't see it, for one thing they almost always look stupid on any bike, there are only a hand full of bikes that look good with those real tall ones on it, but for someone tall like me, those Mini ape hangers would probably be an improvement in the comfort department.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #36
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

I just love how you all are taking this personally. I really do.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #37
dannylightning

i just ordered a pair of these they cost 2,000.00 but i care so much about image i just halve to have them so i can be cooler than ever one else. damn im gonna look so cool going down the street with these people wont be able to stand it.

i also order every singe piece of chrome and all the baddest accessory's they make for my bike. you should see these fenders i ordered, they have skulls on them and you run your pipes threw the mouth of the skull, i got a flame thrower kit too, that way flames will shoot out of the skulls mouth every time i give it a little throttle

Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #38
Water Warrior 2

So that's what happened to the handlebars on my snow blower.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #39
Krazy Kraut

Love the video's!
I was actually thinking about adding some LED light's! It's crazy to ride here in Wichita, no one watches for Motorcycles AT ALL! It looks nice. And by the way: It's your bike and the women that rode with you was an ADULT!!!! Having a helmet on is a choice, yes it would of been better, but almost no one rides with a Helmet here. But don't take it personal, every one has their opinons, if we like them or not. I never ride without a helmet, it's just a personal thing.
So, enjoy your Ride!
ROCK ON!! :retard: :rawk:
Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #40
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Kraut
Love the video's!
I was actually thinking about adding some LED light's! It's crazy to ride here in Wichita, no one watches for Motorcycles AT ALL! It looks nice. And by the way: It's your bike and the women that rode with you was an ADULT!!!! Having a helmet on is a choice, yes it would of been better, but almost no one rides with a Helmet here. But don't take it personal, every one has their opinons, if we like them or not. I never ride without a helmet, it's just a personal thing.
So, enjoy your Ride!
ROCK ON!! :retard: :rawk:
thank you, the led kit is from autozone, cost me about 60 bucks. well worth it if you ask me.