Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
minieggroll

Re: Seafoam in engine oil?

Just tried this method described by DBG. Pulled spark plug, sprayed Deep Creep (seafoam) into the spark plug hole for about 10-20 seconds.

Shifted to second gear and pushed the bike around to make sure the deep creep is spread out by moving the cylinder head. Then waited 30 minutes and put everything back together.

When I turned the bike on, it had trouble starting for about 10 seconds, then started right up and smoked like hell, rode her around for a while. Seems to run better.

Does anyone know if the deep creep gets burnt or goes into your engine oil? How much deep creep should I use next time? I'm just worried about it increasing my engine oil levels.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #32
Water Warrior 2

Maybe just do the treatment prior to an oil change. Problem solved.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #33
DBG

Yeah I normally only do this procedure with an oil change. But if I don't change my oil I definitely check the levels. Depending on how much you put in, I think most of it gets burned off. When you use Seafoam on a car by pouring it into the brake booster its definitely adviseable to change the oil after the treatment. That method involves introducing a larger volume of liquid into you engine.

On a side note I dunno how precise the sight glass is. I've honestly never seen this on any motor I've owned. I had to join this forum to find out how to check my oil on my GZ lol!

Login or Register to Remove Ads