Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #31
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: is a little chattering when clutch is engaged normal

:popcorn:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #32
JWR

plus you got to buy all this saftey gear.

I wonder why they call it that???

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 04-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #33
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR
plus you got to buy all this saftey gear.

I wonder why they call it that???
they gave me a sheet of about 10 things you had to have. and they were specific on the type and what it was made out of and none of it was cheep, every thing on the list if bought new would probably cost between 400 and 600 probably more, plus the money for the class.

all that money just to take a written test and ride around in a parking lot for a few hours, my uncle took a course a while back when it was cheep and they supplied all your safety gear, he said they thought him how to turn, use the breaks and sift the bike, he cant remember a damn thing they showed him in the class room or most of what they did in the parking lot.. in my opinion experience is what makes you good not some one trying to tell you or show you how to do something only a few times. your probably gonna forget most of it and pick up your bad habits any ways. im sure there is some info that may come in handy but i cant see spending a lot of money on something like that.

i can show any one how to get a knife away from a attacker and go over it with them a few times but it don't mean if the situation arose a few months down the road they would be ready for it or even remember what to do.

im sure the class is good but i dont thing it would be worth what its gonna cost

Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #34
music man

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #35
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
im sure the class is good but i dont thing it would be worth what its gonna cost
Nobody can tell you what to do; you take responsiblilty for your own well being.

Although we have ONE on here that doesn't agree......the VAST majority of people who have taken the course think it is WELL worth the time and money. That's why almost every course in the country has a waiting list every summer..........in addition to the license testing break you get in some states.

While I have a good understanding that Govt. run programs like this can end up being anal in their specific requirements, I quite assure you that the MSF itself does NOT have gear requirements that are brand specific. I suggest that maybe the "requirements" are just suggestions....as far as specific brands go. If not, maybe the folks running the course in your area need a good kick in the ass.

AND just to keep the record straight, I have never taken the course. When I started riding there was no M endorsement (yes, OLD fart) and when there was, the test consisted of making one circle around the parking lot without falling down.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
dannylightning

well it don't matter what brand you got, it matters what kind of material its made out of and it needs to be made to for motorcycles.

you had to have
(a helmet of course but i already had that)

full fingered leather motorcycle gloves
some kind of certified shatterproof glasses
a jacket with the padding and all that in it

that's when i thought theres a few hundred bucks right there bucks in right there. thats just what i remember on the list. i glanced at it when i got home and put it in the trash.

they actually tried to tell me that if i went down to take the test at the local testing center i would still halve to have every thing on their list or you will fail the test . i went down there with my helmet and my doc martins

and yes one lap around the parking going around the building while the tester stayed at the front of the building. they would have had no idea if i were pushing the bike and reving the engine to make it sound like i was riding when i went around the corner. i don't see why there was a test. probably required by the goverment..

one little lap around the building only in their site for 5 or 10 seconds i was expecting to go through cones do figure 8's and jump through burning rings of fire.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #37
music man

Re: is a little chatter or chugging when clutch is engaged

The thing is, it isn't like you are not going to use all those things anyways (except for maybe the Safety goggles) after you got done taking the MSF course (unless you weren't planning on riding motorcycles after you took the course). Every motorcycle rider needs a good pair of Gloves, a good jacket, and a helmet.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #38
dannylightning

time to get my post back on track here, just to set things straight, im not trying to argue with any one or say the course is crap. bottom line, i got my gz a few weeks ago, my job is now part time, they just laid off about 1000 people last week. it would cost quite a bit of money to buy all that and take the class and i don't have the money for much of any thing that i don't absolutely need to spend it on at the moment. im sure it would be a good program to go through and probably fun too.

Now back to the subject

i adjusted the idle speed yesterday, I'm gonna record a video later on today after i get back from riding so the engine should be good and warm. hopefully its set about right now.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #39
dannylightning

is this too fast or just about right,

[youtube:21r7qggy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfnse9J2VCY[/youtube:21r7qggy]
Old 04-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
David Bo

That sounds WAY fast to me...