Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 10-12-2009, 03:25 AM   #31
Water Warrior 2

Re: 6 speeds is it at all possibile to mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
Perhaps you are right Easy Rider but I have looked at the posts were the guys have put those 50 doller tachs on from ebay that go up to 8K and it goes way past it if I can find the post then ill put it here. Also I dont think I broke something dont our motor burn more oil it the limit of RPM? Cuz its air cooled?

Also The new engines in!!!! Just a few more things to do and then verrrom!
Reving almost any engine to it's limit will increase oil usage. Doesn't matter if it is air or water cooled. The GZ was not designed to be wrung out for a long period of time. Unless you can do an engine swap every few hours like a racing team you should probably travel a bit slower.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #32
alantf

Quote:
I have no options under the box?
???????????????????

Click on "post reply"

Under the box is "Click here to add an image to your post"

Under that should be a list :-
Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)
Notify me when a reply is posted

They all have tick boxes. Are you getting any of these?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #33
RamAir

Water Warrior yes taht is true but I think its more of a problem for our motors with burning oil then say my moms toyota that redline at about 6500rpm. And all you said is fully true its sad I had to learn the hard way about beating the litttle gz to death I will and plan to drive slower from now on (I was just runing late and when you go 100kph it does take about 20min longer to get to school.) I still plan on running everything I own pretty hard every bike and car but I will take greater care with my bikes from now on thank you guys!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #34
dannylightning

edit, it posted my message twice.. doh
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #35
dannylightning

Quote:
WOW Hey sunshine and Johny boy STOP FIGHTING ON MY POST!!!!!

hahaha just joking! Hey were are those smiley faces so I can show emotion too I can find any!
well first of all you got to hit post replyup there in the left corner of the threads to find the smiley faces, not just type something in and hit submit.

and who you calling sunshine :cuss: i hope you are not referring to me :poke2:

Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Water Warrior yes taht is true but I think its more of a problem for our motors with burning oil then say my moms toyota that redline at about 6500rpm. And all you said is fully true its sad I had to learn the hard way about beating the litttle gz to death I will and plan to drive slower from now on (I was just runing late and when you go 100kph it does take about 20min longer to get to school.) I still plan on running everything I own pretty hard every bike and car but I will take greater care with my bikes from now on thank you guys!
I think the Toy would use some oil too if wrung out to redline for an extended length of time. My Vstrom will use a bit of oil at higher RPMs. But I consider high RPMs as 7000 to redline..........10,500. The rev limiter kicks in at 11,000 RPMs. Not a true sport bike engine but still very entertaining in the twisties in 4th and 5th gears. 6th gear is for loafing along with highway traffic.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #37
RamAir

dannylightning Sorry about that man I just took a quik look at your name and thought it read daylighting HAHAHA Way off bro my bad all the way! And "dannylightning" and "alantf" Thanks guys I was doing it wrong by just typing in the bottom of the page insdeed of hitting post reply.

Also we gotta put in 91octain gas? WOW I did not know that anywho I just need one gassket and all four exhaust bolts I wanna get stainless steel though I dont want them to break next time I gotta clean my exhaust or take it off!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #38
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
dannylightning Sorry about that man I just took a quik look at your name and thought it read daylighting HAHAHA Way off bro my bad all the way! And "dannylightning" and "alantf" Thanks guys I was doing it wrong by just typing in the bottom of the page insdeed of hitting post reply.

Also we gotta put in 91octain gas? WOW I did not know that anywho I just need one gassket and all four exhaust bolts I wanna get stainless steel though I dont want them to break next time I gotta clean my exhaust or take it off!

No to 91 octane. Just pour in 87 octane. Just make sure to use a top tier gas like shell, esso, chevron and be happy. For bolts just go with standard bolts and use thread ease so they don't get totally bonded to the aluminum. Unlike metals tend to do that. And be careful tightening the bolts, you do not want to pull the aluminum threads out.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:56 AM   #39
dannylightning

i think i remember reading not to put any thing higher than 87 octane in the gz or it will run like crap. not sure how true that is but i only used 87 and it ran fine.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #40
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
i think i remember reading not to put any thing higher than 87 octane in the gz or it will run like crap. not sure how true that is but i only used 87 and it ran fine.
I've used all 3 grades of gas. The only difference I noticed was at the cash register, and not the bike.