Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
GZ250

Re: Finally made the move. ------- ALT Characters

This is special Alt function to insert the characters and there are many more. This is really helpful when composing any document.

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/altchrc.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #32
mole2

Re: Finally made the move.

Best of luck with the new bike Blaine. I hope to follow in your footsteps someday with a VStar 650 but I think that's going to be a long way off.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #33
blaine

Just to update,have about 1800 kms on the LTD, no problems.When I first bought it I changed the oil using AMSOIL 10-40 100% synthetic.Installed new plugs,and air filters.I also Installed a in-line fuel filter,and ran some SEAFOAM Thur a couple of tanks of fuel.Also adjusted drive belt.As much as I loved my G.Z. there is no comparison power wise.Lots of power for passing and getting out of the way in a hurry if need be.Not bad on fuel either at about 50 mpg.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #34
blaine

Just to update,have about 5400 kms on the LTD, no problems.When I first bought it I changed the oil using AMSOIL 10-40 100% synthetic.Installed new plugs,and air filters.I also Installed a in-line fuel filter,and ran some SEAFOAM Thur a couple of tanks of fuel.Also adjusted drive belt and flushed the cooling system.As much as I loved my G.Z. there is no comparison power wise.Lots of power for passing and getting out of the way in a hurry if need be.Not bad on fuel either at about 50 mpg.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

That is good to hear Blaine. A little TLC goes a long way.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #36
blaine

A new look for the L.T.D.

Painted tank,forks,fan shroud,and fender.Took decals off side covers,new shield,grips,and mirrors.Replaced mufflers with Harley mufflers,and added new sissy bar bag and new tool pouch up front.Also added 20 amp running lights,and blue underglow.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
alanmcorcoran

Is that a cellphone photo? Or is my eyesight worse than i feared? I like the little bag - it might fit on my Geezer sissy...

Was the harley muffler a look thing or a sound thing (or both?)

Finally, I've though about a tool bag, but I worry about people helping themselves when I'm away from the bike. (When I'm touring I like to be either sitting on it, or sitting where I can see it, but if I go out somewhere local, I can't always do that.) Anybody have things disappear?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #38
Water Warrior 2

I like the change in appearance. The black forks are much nicer than the original look.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #39
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Anybody have things disappear?
Someone stole a briefcase out of my ragtop Jeep about 20 years ago. No locking doors on that vehicle. The briefcase was totally empty, and was a cheap piece of crap. No real loss. So far nothing has grown legs while bungeed to a motorcycle, or in non-lockable saddlebags. But, I tend to be as careful as I can, like you. I keep it in sight unless I absolutely have to leave it, and then for as short a time as possible.

Lockable hard luggage makes life a lot easier when touring.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #40
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Is that a cellphone photo? Or is my eyesight worse than i feared? I like the little bag - it might fit on my Geezer sissy...

Was the harley muffler a look thing or a sound thing (or both?)

Finally, I've though about a tool bag, but I worry about people helping themselves when I'm away from the bike. (When I'm touring I like to be either sitting on it, or sitting where I can see it, but if I go out somewhere local, I can't always do that.) Anybody have things disappear?
Photo was taken on my laptop as I don't own a good camera.Mufflers were put on because they were given to me if I could make them work.Original mufflers were getting rusty.A friend took them off because they were too quiet.They have a nice rumble at idle,and are quiet at road speed.They are as quiet as the original ones.When I installed the tool bag I put a pop rivet through each buckle making removal imposable without a drill.My sissy bar bag is bolted through with the original bolts for the backrest. :roll: