Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
vikz250

Re: Future GZ250..very soon..

Quick question anybody tried the Susuki S40 yet??I'm thinking in 5 yrs that would be my next ride..

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #32
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

why wait 5 years?
That's a good bike for anytime; even for a first time ride. Very similar in simplicity to the GZ but it's be;t drive and has more power, although it does come a bit lean from the factory.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
Water Warrior 2

The S-40 is a pretty decent first bike. A bit heavier and more powerful than the GZ but not an overwhelming big bike for a beginner. I know a gal who rides one. It was and still is her first bike. At 4ft 9in the ground is a bit of a stretch for her but she does manage.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #34
Skunkhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz250
Quick question anybody tried the Susuki S40 yet??I'm thinking in 5 yrs that would be my next ride..
I sat on one at the dealership and it really felt a lot like the GZ. Pretty much the same size and only about 70 lbs more weight.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #35
vikz250

I was able to go a little bit farther than my usuaul route today!!yehey for me! its still in my neighborhood so traffic is still pretty light to none,stalled once on a turn but next time around i was fine,i was on third gear most of the time going 25mph, just need a little more practice before i go on a regular road..

Old 04-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
blaine

Way to go.Take your time.Pretty soon you will be riding like a pro.
:cool:

Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #37
vikz250

My GeeZee just hit 100 miles today!! that means I have learn/practice riding her for 80 miles now!!I did 14miles of riding today around our neighborhood , just have to keep practicing cornering and turning more and i'll be fine..I think..hehehe
Old 04-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #38
Water Warrior 2

Just wait till after your riding course. Things will be a lot easier. When is the start date??
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #39
vikz250

its april 20 to 22, cant wait, I know I'm getting use to the shifting and what not but in some instances during my practice I can't tell if i'm on 3rd or 2nd gear. i used 4th gear a little bit today but mostly i was on 3rd gear because the speed limit is only 25mph, 2nd gear seemed like the enging is revving(if thats a word) high at times so i when up to 3rd..The stopping and turning I have to pay more attention because on the route i will take I have to go atleast 40mph for atleast 2 to 3 miles then a stop light, then a freaking curve , back to 40mph then it turns to 50mph for maybe a mile then another stop light, then I have to go to a little sharper curve going atleast 35 to 40 mph, then merge to a lot of traffic on my left that are going atleast 40mph , then back to 35mph then another stop light go a little hill, another stop light then I'm at work.. so yah I need to get use to a lot of stuff..
Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #40
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz250
its april 20 to 22, cant wait, I know I'm getting use to the shifting and what not but in some instances during my practice I can't tell if i'm on 3rd or 2nd gear. i used 4th gear a little bit today but mostly i was on 3rd gear because the speed limit is only 25mph, 2nd gear seemed like the enging is revving(if thats a word) high at times so i when up to 3rd..The stopping and turning I have to pay more attention because on the route i will take I have to go atleast 40mph for atleast 2 to 3 miles then a stop light, then a freaking curve , back to 40mph then it turns to 50mph for maybe a mile then another stop light, then I have to go to a little sharper curve going atleast 35 to 40 mph, then merge to a lot of traffic on my left that are going atleast 40mph , then back to 35mph then another stop light go a little hill, another stop light then I'm at work.. so yah I need to get use to a lot of stuff..
Sounds like you don't like curves. They should not be too much of a worry. Are you trying to turn the bars like the steering wheel of a car?? If you are you are doing it wrong. Next time you enter that curve you should push steer. If going right you push the right hand grip a little. If going left you push the left hand grip a little. This will allow the bike to lean into the curve. Yeah, scary as hell for sure until you do it and find it really works. Lynda had the dickens of a time until she realized it was the best and normal way for a bike to corner at higher speeds(above 15 mph). No, the bike won't fall down, honest. The wheels act like gyroscopes and want to stay upright not fall down. Proficient Motorcycling has a very good explaination and technical aspects of the front end geometry of a motorcycle that every rider should know to feel confident while cornering. Accelerating slightly half way through a curve will also make the bike more stable. It's in the book too.