Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 09-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #41
alantf

Re: LOWERING MY 2000 GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_koontz
I want to re-paint it. Can I do this myself or should I have it done professionally?
I know this sounds like a silly answer, but it's not meant to be. It just depends how proficient you are with a spray gun

Don't forget that you'll have to remove the tank, plus the mudguards, side panels etc., if you're completely changing the colour, or they need repainting. Then there's the masking up of the parts that can't be removed, to stop the spray going where you don't want it (such as the engine, wheels etc)Then there's the preparation, such as rubbing down. If you're happy doing this, & you've got a clean, dry, warm, dust free, area to work in, then it's going to save you lots of $$$$$$$$$$$. If you're not 100% confident, & can afford it, then get it done professionally.

Another thought - are there any air brush artists in your area? I don't know what it'd cost, but you'd get a "one of a kind" bike :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #42
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
If you want to save yourself $$ painting your bike by doing it yourself,
Would it be OK for me to say that a few little scratches here and there just give a bike character........or is that somehow "not contributing anything positive" ???
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #43
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Would it be OK for me to say that a few little scratches here and there just give a bike character........or is that somehow "not contributing anything positive" ???
I agree, but she's chick, everything has to be purdy...LOL

Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #44
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:

Boy you really can't just let it go can you. All you had to do is just be nicer to people and not even mention anything from that other thread and it would have just blown over and went away, instead you just had to :poke2: .

:facepalm:
Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #45
bonehead

Forgive and forget!!! Let's just move on. Glad to see ya back, Easy.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #46
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_koontz
Thanks dannylightning!
welcome, streingth training is good for you and will make your bike easier to handle keep it up for about 3 months and youll see a huge difference. just remember not to work out the same muscles more than every other day, they need time to heal after a work out. and if you dont give them at lesst a 24 hour rest you can do more damage than good,

boots do make a big difference too. i just got some harley davidson boots, the shift model and they got a bit more tread on them than my work boots do. there also much more comfortable when riding. every one recommend harley boots. so i figured what the heck. ill break down and buy something with the harley name on it and im glad i did. riding is much more comfortable in them for some reason. seems i can flat foot both feet at all times now instead of having one foot flat and one foot just my toes touching when there is a crown in the road.

glad you found thos shocks.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #47
Water Warrior 2

I think the intention is to paint the tank and fenders only. They will be more obvious with any scratches on them. It is doable with a bit of planning and preparation. The rear fender would be the most difficult to remove but not a slash your wrists kinda job if you get stumped over what to do next. Sharon, take your time and survey the whole bike to see what goes where and how it is attached. Could be an excellant winter project if there is a warm garage to play in.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #48
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
Boy you really can't just let it go can you.
Talk about not contributing anything positive........how does YOUR comment further peace and tranquility here ?? Hint: it doesn't.

I have an honest concern. Dupo put me on warning not to be making "negative comments that don't contribute positively to a thread". I honestly don't know exactly what that means....and if I screw up again, I risk expulsion.

It seems to me that a couple of others should be under a similar warning......but they aren't for some strange reason.

Sorry for disrupting the thread......really.
Now back to the original subject..............
Old 09-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #49
JWR

:facepalm: :poorbaby: :bang:

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #50
sharon_koontz

I think I will try the spray painting myself over the winter. I have a place to work and YES I do want my bike to be "purdy". I can tell already I will have a problem deciding on the color. I checked out the sites mentioned and was amazed at what's out there. I imagine some are more difficult to paint than others. I've spray painted a lot and around here I'm known as "the queen of green" but that's going to change. This motorcycle has been one of the biggest dreams and challenges of my life and it's finally working out. I know you guys think this is a small bike but for me every time I get on it I think "boy, I can't believe I'm actually riding this thing!" This forum has been a huge help and inspiration. I'm starting the motorcycle safety training course this evening. It's an hour away but the last one of the season I could get into. I just couldn't wait until spring. I want to ride NOW and I need the training. I hope I pass the tests. Wish me luck!