Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #41
Water Warrior 2

Re: Slovenija here

The empty wallet syndrome bites all of us to begin with. It does get easier as time goes by.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #42
PimpS

Just an update which I would like to share with you GZ-sensei-s: i had many charity concerts for different nobel causes, and tommorow i have my first motorcycle benefit ride: a fellow from other forum invited forum members to join a picnic organised for children, diagnosed for cancer, to show them bikes and take them on a short, secured ride if they want. Me and a lot more guys from different parts of Slovenija will come and i have 200+km in one way, on the road i haven't riden yet. I already have a goosebumps and hardly wait to ride, bring joy to kids and see so many nice cruisers on one spot, and ofcourse drink a beer in 'reality' with a guys that i know merely by a forum...

Be well stay well!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #43
northsidegz

That sounds great! I hope the benefit ride is a success!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #44
Water Warrior 2

Sounds like a great way to entertain the kids and make a few friends while you are at it. Ride Safe and enjoy yourself.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #45
PimpS

Hello!

Yesterday was a great ride and happening! I met fellows and gals from the forum and their machines; There were yamahas (virago 1100, dragstar (xvs) 650), kawasakis (En (vulcan) 500, Vulcan 900 classic, Voyager 1700) and Honda shadow 750. Needles to say my Geezer was the smallest I met great folks and on a way back (since i left earlier, messed up with the ride back (some wrong turns...) i had 1 bad and 1 good encounter: bad was that i came to a accident site (propably 5 minutes after the crash), since the ambulance came at the same time as me. It was motorcycle and older mercedes. Horrible site to see, when from the impact point, the biker flew over the road in to the bushes below the road, 30 m away from crash. Other bikers there were helping to locate their friend, who was conscius, but not feeling his leg. Bike was (judged by me9, was a rocket (colours of the tank pieces, suzuki gsr x (white, blue red). Seeing ahead and driving by a crash site, the rest of the bike, laying in the oil all around, thinking of this guy's bad day, made me feel so bad and for a moment took all the good of the day away.

The ride to the pause stop for fueling the PimpSerS and myself with a coffee, was a good thing: the bikers had a same stop and they invited me to share some road with them, since we had about 10km joined road to our home and then we went our ways. It was a great feeling driving in the snake of beautiful bikes. I came home in the evening, chilled to the bone, since the summer went by...

Great day!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #46
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpS
Hello!

Yesterday was a great ride and happening! I met fellows and gals from the forum and their machines; There were yamahas (virago 1100, dragstar (xvs) 650), kawasakis (En (vulcan) 500, Vulcan 900 classic, Voyager 1700) and Honda shadow 750. Needles to say my Geezer was the smallest I met great folks and on a way back (since i left earlier, messed up with the ride back (some wrong turns...) i had 1 bad and 1 good encounter: bad was that i came to a accident site (propably 5 minutes after the crash), since the ambulance came at the same time as me. It was motorcycle and older mercedes. Horrible site to see, when from the impact point, the biker flew over the road in to the bushes below the road, 30 m away from crash. Other bikers there were helping to locate their friend, who was conscius, but not feeling his leg. Bike was (judged by me9, was a rocket (colours of the tank pieces, suzuki gsr x (white, blue red). Seeing ahead and driving by a crash site, the rest of the bike, laying in the oil all around, thinking of this guy's bad day, made me feel so bad and for a moment took all the good of the day away.

The ride to the pause stop for fueling the PimpSerS and myself with a coffee, was a good thing: the bikers had a same stop and they invited me to share some road with them, since we had about 10km joined road to our home and then we went our ways. It was a great feeling driving in the snake of beautiful bikes. I came home in the evening, chilled to the bone, since the summer went by...

Great day!
Sounds like you had a great day. You made some new friends, attended a worthwhile gathering and had a fun road trip.
As for the accident, well stuff happens. Sounds like the sports bike rider may have been in over his head with power and speed. He will live to ride another day with a lesson learned the hard way. This is a good lesson for all of us. Bad things can happen at any moment. A rider must always be very aware of potential risks and ride accordingly. Yeah, it may take the fun out of some rides but the alternative can be costly and painful to yourself and others on the road.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #47
PimpS

Hello guys!

I've been lurking a lot less then usual. But i have some news and questions (again)...

I've checked this bike today - Triumph SpeedMaster, 865ccm, 61 HP...:

http://www.avto.net/_MOTO/ad.asp?ID=6485106

... and got jitters since then. I like it a lot and next week i'll check it with fellow mechanic to test it, check it...

Know, about questions:

- what do you think about Triumph? English bikes, most famous in my head at least by bonneville and Thruxton... and Rocket III of course...
- the thing is the right saddle bag is torn on the right top side - any idea how this could happen - on the bike (machine, body) no signs of any falling...) ?
- what could be wrong (just possibilities) if after you give throttle (still with choke on) and the moment the speed comes to idle (that's with the motor in neutral on the stand, not driving), you hear one CLICK (not loud, but a click) sound? Haven't heard it before on any bike...

That's it, otherwise the bike looks cool, i believe it has risen front pegs, the seller got the bike in his shop from other state (italy), it has all the papers and is legit (like many other cars and bikes). 37000km, 2005 year... WICKED BIKE

Any comments from you expert guys will make my soul and heart calmer...

Take care and ride safe!

PimpS
Old 10-28-2012, 02:45 AM   #48
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpS
Hello guys!

I've been lurking a lot less then usual. But i have some news and questions (again)...

I've checked this bike today - Triumph SpeedMaster, 865ccm, 61 HP...:

http://www.avto.net/_MOTO/ad.asp?ID=6485106

... and got jitters since then. I like it a lot and next week i'll check it with fellow mechanic to test it, check it...

Know, about questions:

- what do you think about Triumph? English bikes, most famous in my head at least by bonneville and Thruxton... and Rocket III of course...
- the thing is the right saddle bag is torn on the right top side - any idea how this could happen - on the bike (machine, body) no signs of any falling...) ?
- what could be wrong (just possibilities) if after you give throttle (still with choke on) and the moment the speed comes to idle (that's with the motor in neutral on the stand, not driving), you hear one CLICK (not loud, but a click) sound? Haven't heard it before on any bike...

That's it, otherwise the bike looks cool, i believe it has risen front pegs, the seller got the bike in his shop from other state (italy), it has all the papers and is legit (like many other cars and bikes). 37000km, 2005 year... WICKED BIKE

Any comments from you expert guys will make my soul and heart calmer...

Take care and ride safe!

PimpS
Let me state up front I don't know anything about the bike. It's a nice looking bike but the saddle bag worries me. It's really chewed up. Makes one wonder how that can happen without other damage - unless the other damage was repaired.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #49
PimpS

Hello guys and girls!

I must tell you that I'm happier man today; yesterday i got myself a new ride. It's Kawasaki vn 800 2003, with 26000 km. I made a ride yesterday with my friends (Triumph Bonneville, Honda Africa Twin and myself on the Vulkan)... Geeez, it's gonna be the longest winter here. Let me tell you about the bike, it's so smooth and the torque..., not to mention speed... I'll have to be even more careful. Haven't had any problems with scraping pegs and the feel of riding this bike is awesome! Yihaaaa! I'm so happy!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #50
blaine

Sweet looking ride!! :drool: