Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 04-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #41
dannylightning

Re: S50 reviews / chat

backing up a heavy bike is a pain in the butt. my bike weighs around 600 lbs and it's not easy to back up a hill at all, even a little bit of a hill. when i park it i make sure the weight is working with the kick stand and not against it, the kick stand can come down quite easily as i have found out already when i was putting on my new pipes. after setting there for a min looking at it on the ground scared to pick it up and see the damage i finally went to pick it up and surprisingly the bike was very easy to pick up after it fell over, there was a little scratch on the front fender and that was about it. i was quite lucky,

a bike that is really top heavy would not have been so easy to pick up. take a dolly lay it down on its back and put 4 boxes on it, the box on the bottom weighs 100 lbs and the rest of the boxes weigh 10 lbs, now try to lift it up, its gonna lift up quite easily due to the weight placement and leverage now put that 100 lb box on top of the other boxes and try to pick up that dolly. it is going to be hard to pick up,

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #42
mrlmd1

Not to belabor this, but from the Suzuki site again---

S50 ground clearance 4.9" seat height 27.6" fuel tank capacity 3.2 gal weight 478 lbs.
M50 5.5" 27.6" 4.1 gal 584 lbs.
C50 5.5" 27.6" 4.1 gal 611 lbs.

The S50 is closer to the ground than either the M50 or C50, has the same seat height, basically the same size/weight engine, a smaller gas tank, and if anything, the S50 has a lower center of gravity (being lower and with a smaller tank) So by your reasoning, the S50 should be a lot easier to pick up from a drop, and it also weighs 106 - 133 lbs. less than either of those. I have no idea what you think you are feeling when you say the M50 "feels lighter than the S50, it's all about weight distribution", because if anything the M50 has more weight and more of it higher up, has a higher center of gravity than the S50 does. And the C50 is worse.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #43
oneyunguy

so has anyone spent a bit of time on both of these bikes riding them? I would love hear the comparisons of ride quality.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #44
mrlmd1

I can only attest to the S50, never having ridden an M50. Obviously the S50 is a lot quicker than either of the other two. According to reports on the other M-J site, in one description by an M50 owner when he and his friend on an S50 left from a standing stop at a light, the S50 took off from the M50 as if the M50 were tied to a tree. The S50 rides and handles a lot like my previous GZ but is a lot more solid on the road, although it does blow around a little more in a heavy wind because it is a lot lighter than the M or C50. Other than acceleration and this little quirk, I would imagine they would have similar rides, with the S50 being more responsive in power and more nimble in handling. I'm quite sure the S50 would be easier to duck walk forward or backwards and be easier to pick up.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #45
dannylightning

well there are 3 bikes mentioned here, not sure witch 2 you want to hear about but

i have a C50/volusia. same bike changed the name a few years down the road and added fuel injection.

i love my bike, it has plenty of power in my opinion, if you really get on it you can get up to 60mph in what feels like no time, the gears never seem to end, i have had it up to 50-60 mph in second gear a few times when i was seeing what the bike could do. you can cruz down the highway at 80 mph all day long if you want to, it will hit 100+ mph easily and be able to continue going at those speeds, fastest i have gone on my bike was 110 mph when i was out on a ride with a bunch of guys and imp pretty sure it had some more mph to go before it topped out.

i think it is very comfortable, it rides great, it handles quite well for its size, i can take most really sharp turns about 20mph easily ( example: turning on to a side street) the first week i had the bike i went on a long cruz with some friends, there were some extremely curvy roads that we ran across on our trip i remember halving to take those curves kind of on the slow side. i would have to say this bike is made for comfort and cruzing not flying around corners like a mad man. it has covered forks, and that is good because your fork seals are not out in the open and collect less dust and dirt, there forth they should last longer than a bike that does not have covered forks. it has a drive shaft witch is way better than a chain drive in my opinion. one con about the bike is that there is no storage compartment except for the little spot that fits your tool bag and that is about the only con i can think of.

a few cool features my bike has, 3 tripometers, a clock, a gas gauge, all of witch are digital, only thing missing would be a gear indicator and a tachometer.if you are into custom parts there are a lot of custom parts you can get, there is tons of chrome available and ever thing else available for this bike. even a few super cool fenders like the gangster fenders that are made by one company i cant remember off hand, loads of chrome parts and any thing you could ever need to make it into some kind of show bike, i put a new set of cobra street rod pipes on it and besides that and the possible addition of a corbin young guns seat im not going to change any thing else on the bike.

my over all opinion on this bike is....... plenty quick, plenty comfortable, handles well, enjoyable and fun to ride, easy to customize if you are in to that kind of thing. and i would recommend one of these bikes to any one.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #46
oneyunguy

Well, I am mainly interested in hearing about the S50 and M50. BUT, hearing about all the bikes from good ole 'Zuki in the 800cc range is all good.

I just went for a ride tonight with a guy I work with. He rides a an 06 C50T. Pretty nice with a few mods. Too much for me to keep clean!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #47
Water Warrior 2

Just keep the important parts clean. A bottle of Windex and paper towels for the lights and instruments. The rest is all fluff.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #48
dannylightning

bike are easy to keep clean, once a week i spend about 15-20 min wiping it all down, or i wash it and spend about 45 min. depends on how much time you have, some kind of cleaner, some wax and a good bottle of chrome polish and that thing is gonna look great all the time.

you can also spend about 5 min after every ride giving it a quick wipe down, just find a dirt spot and wipe, your bike will stay alot cleaner than you think unless you are riding threw watter or mud, mine mainly collects dust and splattered bugs.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #49
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
bike are easy to keep clean,
Yes, but you LIKE cleaning things. :lol: :lol: :lol: You even wanna make a living out of it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #50
oneyunguy

I just couldn't only keep the 'important' parts clean. I like a nice shiny , "so clean you could eat off it" ride.

I have a hard time when someones oogling the ride and it's not too clean! ha ha.