Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 04-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #41
burkbuilds

Re: Some changes

Hey Kraznos, not sure if you will get this but on behalf of many of us on the forum I'd like to apologize for the way you were treated. I saw some of your posts early on, with pics of your bike and it looks like you were making it your own, which is exactly the thing to do in my opinion. I haven't read through all the comments but just judging by the final ones on the forum it sounds like some of the members were really rude and insulting to you and that should not have happened. I hope you will give us another chance, this is actually a great website, and most of the time the members are very supportive of one another. Yeah, we have our disagreements now and then and some of them are hum dingers, but it is pretty rare that anyone is insulting over the style and looks of someone else's ride.
Whether you come back or not, I hope you enjoy your GZ, it's a great bike and a lot of fun to ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 AM   #42
alantf

Aw, c'mon now .... You'll notice that I started my reply by stating that I loved the bars - a genuine comment - I then went on to say that I hated the grips - another genuine comment. I then added the explanation as to why I hated them (they looked like they came off a child's tricycle) - yet another genuine comment. If all the guy wanted was for EVERYONE to say how great they looked, & not make honest criticisms, then he should have joined a mutual admiration society.

My intention, GENUINELY, was not to drive ANYONE away, but to make an honest reply - just as I would if we were face to face - with a smile (& hence the smilies)

Boy ......... this is getting too deep for me
Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #43
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider

Pretty much the response I expected, given your attitude lately.
Examples please (apart from this post) :??:

Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #44
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Just to pick sides here, I agree with Easy Rider 100%.

*heart attack*

Sarris, I didn't know it went anywhere. Maybe Dupo removed it.
That must have been painful. :whistle:
Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #45
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Pretty much the response I expected, given your attitude lately.
Examples please (apart from this post) :??:
OK, time to end this, I think. :roll:

There is no excuse for being intentionally rude....unless your are trying to pick a fight.....
SO......
An appology from ME is likely in order because I jumped on your case too hard......now I think in hindsight. I'm sorry and the above probably wasn't warranted......but I'm not going back to look.

Several of us have ASSumed that it was your remarks that scared him away and that might NOT be the case at all. Maybe it was something somebody ELSE said.

HE is not blameless in this "mess" either because he HAS been back since the "fight" started and hasn't offered up any explanation either. Maybe he is just being wierd and what we said really wasn't a factor.

Points have been made and noted. Time for a truce ?? :cool:

Old 04-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #46
alantf

Quote:

Points have been made and noted. Time for a truce ?? :cool:
:plus1:
Old 04-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #47
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
It stung a little, yes. Actually as opinions go, ours are not often in opposition as much as they may seem. The little flare-ups have been over attitude on both sides. When giants clash they usually make a lot of rumbling.

In regard to this thread and the weak one that edited his posts, I just don't understand that action. There are two active admins, and we're not hard to find, who will happily delete you posts/threads for you if asked. I'll even wipe a user entirely from existence, but I have to be ASKED to do it....by them. If this guy had a problem, he should have sacked up and defended it. Instead, he apparently bitched out, took his toys and went home. Some people are just natural quitters.

Alantf, I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty about possibly being the one who "ran him off". Since it happened with something pretty tame, it's safe to presume it would happen sooner than later anyway. Yes, it was a little harsh to make fun of someone else's ride, when they probably went to some trouble to get it that way. Let's try to be a little more reserved in our criticisms though.

Honestly, I think the Shadow 600s are little girl's bikes and probably should be shipped with stock training wheels, but I'm not telling Easy that...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #48
dannylightning

i just have to say i still have the reflectors on my bike, i never even thought about them being on my bike till i read this post so i went out and looked to see if i had any, of course i do and i am too lazy to pull them off so i guess they are going to stay. the ones on the front look like i would needs do take some parts off to remove the bracket that holds them on.

to be honest reflectors are a good safety feature, bikes are small and hard to see something reflecting back in a drivers face might only be a slight bit of help to let them know you are there but it might help out.

or you could just get a super bring led kit like i did, mine is really bring and lights up the ground and the side of my bike quite well at night, something like that is going to be way more noticeable that a few messily reflectors

if there is no law against led lighting kits in your state, and make sure you check so see if any colors are illegal, some states red and blue are illegal cus they are the color of emergency vehicles. in ohio as long as they don't flash, pulsate or change color and they are pointed towards the ground and not shining in some ones yese they are legal.[youtube:2wjd63wh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBWKxPvs88[/youtube:2wjd63wh]
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #49
kraznos

I'm sorry if taking the posts down was a problem, I'm just more of a private person than most and I usually am happy just lurking along in the background.If anyone is insulted or angry, my apologies. Uploading pictures is something I don't normally do,and when I put some up, a kind of feeding frenzy started and I became a bit embarassed. I just took down the posts to kind of diffuse the situation. I think Alantf is right on the money about those grips, for the record my wife hates them also, it's such a fine line when it comes to what works and what doesn't. The good news is that the grips were only 9.99, and the originals came off easily and can be put back on until I find just what I'm looking for. The lower handlebar position is very comfortable for me. I'm waiting on a new seat and some new rear turn signals so if I can get that stuff on I'll post some pictures. Apologies for the disappearing act, just got a bit overwhelmed. KRAZNOS
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #50
bonehead

[quote=patrick_777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by "patrick_777":2p4g3pti
It stung a little, yes. Actually as opinions go, ours are not often in opposition as much as they may seem. The little flare-ups have been over attitude on both sides. When giants clash they usually make a lot of rumbling.

In regard to this thread and the weak one that edited his posts, I just don't understand that action. There are two active admins, and we're not hard to find, who will happily delete you posts/threads for you if asked. I'll even wipe a user entirely from existence, but I have to be ASKED to do it....by them. If this guy had a problem, he should have sacked up and defended it. Instead, he apparently bitched out, took his toys and went home. Some people are just natural quitters.

Alantf, I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty about possibly being the one who "ran him off". Since it happened with something pretty tame, it's safe to presume it would happen sooner than later anyway. Yes, it was a little harsh to make fun of someone else's ride, when they probably went to some trouble to get it that way. Let's try to be a little more reserved in our criticisms though.

Honestly, I think the Shadow 600s are little girl's bikes and probably should be shipped with stock training wheels, but I'm not telling Easy that...[/quote:2p4g3pti]
Oh no, you did'nt. :hide: