Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 AM   #41
alanmcorcoran

Re: Head gask. or exhaust man. gask?

Not sure how often you guys hire lawyers, or maybe they work a lot cheaper in Georgia, but, for damages under 5K it is rarely worth it to hire an attorney. Frankly, I don't recommend lawyers unless you are faced with losing your home, your life savings or your freedom. (Typically the people that come out the best in these suits are each parties lawyers.) However, you can sue the place without an attorney in small claims court. The amount you can sue for varies by state. Sometimes you can get pretty good results just reading up on the process and then letting the dealer know that, if you dont get a replacement bike, you are going to file in small claims. Make sure you have all of your documents and pictures and keep a log of the sordid details.

If you have a friendly lawyer, you might get them to send a nasty letter for a few hundred bucks, but if you plan on court appearances, etc. it's probably going to cost you more than you could buy a used GZ for.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #42
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
If you have a friendly lawyer, you might get them to send a nasty letter for a few hundred bucks, but if you plan on court appearances, etc. it's probably going to cost you more than you could buy a used GZ for.
Maybe threatening to sic Sarris on them would be more effective.
He can't be THAT far away.

:poke2: :crackup

No....seriously.....
The last Caddy I owned developed an oil leak.....about 3 months before the extended warranty expired. The dealer saw the leak but couldn't tell where it was coming from. Put some dye in the oil and.........then the leak stopped.
Can you see where THIS story is going ???

Sure enough, about 6 months AFTER the warranty expired, the leak came back. This time,they found it and it would cost about $1500 to fix.....because they have to drop the engine/transmission to get to it. OH......and they are oh so sorry but the warranty won't cover it, even though it started 9 months earlier.

I debated raising hell.....even calling Sarris for help :biggrin: ......but decided to see what would happen if I traded it in. Got lucky and they had another used one on the lot a few years newer and gave me top dollar for my trade-in, oil leak and all.

The point of posting all this IS.......he said the dealer was going to "work with him" to solve the problem but didn't say exactly what they proposed to do. Except for all the hassle, it is possible that he will come out OK in the end. Not likely I know, but possible.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #43
Water Warrior 2

Suzuki has an excellant 30/30 warranty. 30 feet or 30 seconds, which ever comes first. The bike owner is at the mercy of the dealer because the dealer is at the mercy of Suzuki. The dealer can't be expected to eat something Suzuki should be paying for if it truly is a factory flaw.

Login or Register to Remove Ads