Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #41
Water Warrior 2

Re: won't start - bad gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Alan, send me the Strat and I'll keep putting fresh top tier gas in it for you.
Water,

We'll see how my appetite for long distance riding develops. Might be interesting to head up the West Coast to Alaska next summer. Or maybe just a (literal) pain in the ass. I did have some "Why exactly am I doing this" moments when I did my trip to Monterey in the fall. Perhaps with time I will learn to enjoy the trips more and reaching the destinations less.

In the meantime, The Strat has no carb and overall seems to have a more sophisticated approach to combustion than the GZ. It always starts right up, idles perfectly, runs perfectly and accelerates like a bat out of hell. No choke to mess with... even has a gas gauge and a tach! But it's still not a good idea to let it sit. And it prefers the higher octane stuff.

Alan you would have a trip of a lifetime. Just head North to the Midnight Sun. And yes it is not really the destination but the ride and the sights on the way. A few years ago I would just pick a direction with a general destination in mind but nothing written in stone sort of thing. You can always make a left instead of a right turn just because it was there. Or you can just miss a turn with no regret. Was headed to the Grand Canyon and missed a turn. Oh well always wanted to see New Mexico. Was an interesting trip and met a lot of nice people.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #42
alanmcorcoran

I think we have sufficiently hijacked this thread.

Back on topic, took the GZ for another run down Santiago to keep the gas flowing. On the way back I had a Harley on my butt for a while, two up. Guy had me in the upper gears/top speed, but I caught up to him and passed him when he had to stop for a light. Found I could beat him off a light (with the GZ!) through about third gear, or maybe his passenger started beating on him. At one point I had the GZ up to 75 on a slight downhill.

Weather was coolish today, maybe 58-60. Put on my Tourmaster caliber pants and put the liner in back in my jacket. Got in a quick 60 miles or so on the GZ before the sun went down.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #43
trykemike

Hey Alan glad to hear that you are still having fun on the GZ. I have fun on every ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads