Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 06-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #41
mbeeler

Re: First time bobber project

I agree pretty quite.

Liking what you have done so far. I am really missing working on mine. My schedule has been so busy not been able to get into the garage.

I did get in to my local parts store to get a few parts only to find out they can not get anything for my bike. Guess I am going to have to order online need a oil filter and then a few seals to fix some leaks on the engine. Once those are done I think I will be pretty set for my modifications. I need to find pipe to make my exhaust and then do a custom rear fender.

Mine is basically sitting as a rolling chassis right now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #42
Goose51683

mbeeler- so far nearly everything i have done outsite of the carb and the oil filter has had to be "modified".

I've had to be mechanically creative to get a lot of things done. If you have a welder it would probably make everything a lot easier.

I look forward to seeing the changes you make. Make sure to post pics for all of us to see.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #43
Goose51683

Well I needed a license plate holder since my plexiglass one didn't quite hold up and I'm either to cheap or self reliant to buy one so that was my project last night

I bought some kind of framing bracket from the hardware store, cut it, drilled it, painted it and mounted to the back of my bike last night. So far I think it looks alright and it appears to be pretty solid.

What you do all think?

Old 06-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #44
Tomcat13t

That looks like it will hold. Nothing wrong with saving some $$$
Old 06-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #45
Goose51683

I prefer to be cheap but I say I'm "Making the bike my own by creating my own parts". It sounds way better than "I'm a tightwad" haha.

The first plate holder was made of plexiglass that I cut down and glued together. I'm not sure how long it lasted because one day I looked down and it simply wasn't there anymore. Hence the upgrade to steel.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #46
Goose51683

Aaahhhh!!!!

I took out te needle for the carb adjustment above and didn't have the notched style needle so I placed some washer under it, which were a bitch to find in this tiny town. But I did and I installed them, out everything back the way it was and now my bike won't start. It'll turn over but it sounds like there is no actual ignitions. It won't even try. I so I put everything bak the way it was and the issue is the same. I'll post pictures of everything in a little while. Maybe someone can see my mistake. Until I figure it out I am dead in the water.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #47
Goose51683

Disaster averted. On day 3 of looking over the carb I found that I had pulled the hose off the back of the petcock valve. Reattached and we were all good. For those who don't know what I'm talking about ill include a pic. It's not a great pic but this is the little hose directly behind your fuel source selector.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #48
Goose51683

So after the carb issue was addressed I moved onto the other projects this weekend. Blacked out the covers at the top of the motor, added an extension to the air filter and added a gearbox filter ( located on the other side tapped into the blacked out cover)

Here's the pics. Can't wait for some feedback!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #49
Rookie Rider

Black out the bottom of the forks too, i always liked that look.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #50
Goose51683

Thats the plan Rookie but riding in this morning I noticed I still have carb issues. I am getting a lot of sputtering from 1/4-1/2 throttle, and again at 3/4-full throttle.

I'm not sure if this means I'm getting to much fuel or to much air, I am guessing it's fuel so I may step down a jet size but I'm hoping to get some advice on here first.